First day sales numbers???

wallajwu

May 2, 2006
Visit site
We officially had our first day on Monday...a drive through shop located on a well traveled highway (7000 people a day) in rural eastern washington. We feel good about our $100 first day...$130 second day and $150 third day and are wondering if anyone can give feedback. We are getting good customer response - quite a few have returned back with their punch cards! Anyone else have 1st day info to share???
THANKS!

kc1

Aug 26, 2006
Visit site
One of my shops (not a drive thru but the principles are the same) took less than £100 on its first day and has since hit £1500 and regularly does more than £1000 after just 2 years. So hang on in there and just focus on consistency and quality. Oh and don't get hung up on day to day sales variances, or even weekly variances. Your sales will fluctuate down as well as up. Look at monthly and quarterly trends and factor in any seasonality! Good luck!

Comfy Place

Jul 15, 2006
Bloomer, Wisconsin
Visit site
First Day Sales

When we opened this past April, we experienced the same as you: $100+ days right from the start. From what I've been told by others in the industry around my area, this is very good. We are still averaging $100+ days, but we are now more focused on continuing to get the word out that we are here to the community. We did a stall at our local fair earlier in the summer, and I was shocked yet pleased that there were a number of customers at our stall that had never been to our place and didn't even know that we were in existance. I was pleased with that because it means that our market still has a lot of potential left for us to tap (we are in a small town of about 3,500 people). Granted, we have only been open for 4 1/2 months, but it shows just how long it really takes to make inroads into the community and to become a part of the landscape.

Congratulations on the great first days of your business, I hope it continues that way for a long time for you. And I agree with KC1, don't get bogged down in the day-to-day sales comparisons. One week will be down, and the next will be up, and the next will be average. The main point is to look at trends, probably no shorter than on a month-by-month basis, better at a quarter-by-quarter basis, and to work hard at maintaining the quality. Also be sure to continue to hone your skills, and check out the competition on occassion just to keep abreast of what they are doing. Drop me a note if you want to compare notes more.

kc1

Aug 26, 2006
Visit site
Comfy Place is right - we have customers that walked past our stores every day for up to two years before thinking "hey I'll try this new place". Hard to believe but true!! So don't underestimate consumer apathy and people's reluctance to break a routine - that's why you've got to be in this for the long haul. The growth rate in our stores has actually accelerated over time. And when they finally come in you've got to blow them away with your product and service. :)