water

jkkfam89

Dec 1, 2006
Visit site
I was curious, hard hard is it to get water out to a drive thru? Is there a way to do it that is simple? It might be a stupid question but I am trying to figure it out.

wallajwu

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Will your location not have access to water??? We currently run a drive thru that is hard plumbed from a 25 gallon fresh water holding tank. We have 5 gallon water containers that we fill up at our local grocery store and then fill the 25 gallon tank from the 5 gallon tanks. When you run the faucet, etc. the water is then coming from the bottled water that we bring in. Kind of a pain in the butt but we didn't have any other options.

jkkfam89

Dec 1, 2006
Visit site
thanks wall,

We would have to tap into the road to get it. It would be 12-20k to do that they said. I didnt know which cjhoice would be better. I could get a large holding tank and fill it less?

wallajwu

May 2, 2006
Visit site
sounds like the same situation we were in...we did not want to cut across the road to tie into the rural sewar line...cost about $6000 and that's with my father (a local plumbing contractor) and my husband (a salesman for CAT who gets equipment for free) doing the work!!! The good thing is that since we are using "Culligan" water we don't need a water softner for the machine! You could get a larger tank and keep it outside as long as it was well insulated. In hindsite I think that is the route we probably would have taken...