Official Statement from Cuppy's Coffee & More

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
Official Statement from Cuppy's Coffee & More

NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Fort Walton Beach, FL, United States, 01/15/2007 - Cuppy's Coffee & More responds to Java Jo'z controversy.

In May 2006, Medina Enterprises, a Nevada based company, purchased the assets of Java Jo’z Coffee & More, LLC, and Emerald Coast Manufacturing, Inc.

From this transaction, the principle owner of Medina formed an association with another individual and Cuppy’s Coffee & More, an international coffee franchise, emerged.

Through this transaction, Cuppy’s Coffee obtained the rights to the logos, assumed the leases and acquired a majority of the equipment. A majority of the former employees of Java Jo’z were offered positions and are now employed at Cuppy’s.

Java Jo’z still exists as a licensing company and is owned by Kim Snowden. Roy and Kim Snowden have no financial, operational, or legal association with Cuppy’s Coffee.

Although Cuppy’s Coffee holds no legal obligation to provide marketing, operational, or product support to the Java Jo’z owners, Cuppy’s has chosen to offer these services to the Java Jo’z owners.

Since August 2006, Cuppy’s Coffee has been inviting any coffee business (including Java Jo’z customers) the opportunity to convert into a Cuppy’s franchise. For conversion details please contact Rudy Harper at rudy[.]medinamgt.com

About Cuppy's Coffee & More

Cuppy's Coffee, Smoothies & More, Inc. is a specialty coffee drive thru franchise business that offers the world's finest coffee, latte, espresso and smoothie drinks available today. Cuppy’s franchise system provides franchisees with an industry leading Marketing Team, Proven Systems, Site Selection Assistance, Training, Volume Buying Power, and Growth.

coffee4me

Jan 4, 2007
Visit site
Help

Does anybody in the industry really know what is going on here? I have been looking at this franchise, but am now suspicious. From what I can tell there were some Java Joz licensees who did not recieve a deposit refund when they could not find suitable locations. However, my question is? Why would you give anybody money if you did not have a location or an idea for a location. It says in their UFOC it is the buyers responabilty to ultimately find a location, not the company.