from coffee house > roasting > coffee house?

I started a new coffee roasting business from my home. I love what I do, yet do miss the "people" contact - Recently I found out a local coffee house was opening and my name got out , I was contacted and offered a job... (I used to manage a coffee house they found out)

The birthing of my new roasting business came out of the closing of a nice coffee house after a few years in operation. I managed this coffee house and really miss it...I was offered the roaster and beans, start up at my regrets.. however...the new owner has a supplier out of state and has told me that they are not "locked" in to any contract as far as bringing "other" beans in...kinda odd....wondering where I fit in here....makes more sense for me to be the "supplier", non? AFter all, I am LOCAL. This new coffee house would love to have their own label with my beans though - not a prob...a new area , should I expect them to pay more for this or not -

Question...Is this something I, a new roaster, should venture into...have a relationship with a coffee shop by being employed.. ( a pay check would be nice...what should I get paid ? ) perhaps getting my label out there is not a bad motive either.....or should roasthers in the business of coffee roasting just keep to themselves - not strap themselves to anything else , unles s the shop is mine of course... I really can't wait to get my hands on the espresso's been soOOo long...

I'm busy but not that busy..sales are doing better since an article went into the local paper - and I do have so much flexibility.... Would the best arrangement be to have a "contract" agreement, instead of being an employee? ...maybe offering my services (and expertise in making espresso based drinks, etc..) what do any of you think.... not to boast, but I know many people from my previous employement and this could be helpful to this new coffee owner.... thoughts anyone?
    "Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally"

Salt Lake City
    I would pose your question here:
    John Piquet
    caffe d'bolla
    Salt Lake City, UT

I enjoyed your website John. Thanks for redirecting me to the roasters guild. I too, am a martial artist
    "Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links