Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ooh...I gotcha In fact I wouldn't go with halogen lights anyway, your're right they are quite spendy to replace. I would get some of those long life bulbs. You know the ones that are suppose to last up to 5 years? They also give you a guarantee replacement as long as you keep the receipt.
    "A Word of Difference"TM

Someone else is responsible for those nice lights, not me

As for the "mayan" theme, we have just very subtle things that make it more Mayan but not too much, as rock does not really go well with all that wood.

Regarding the blank area in front of the bar area that E.O. mentioned, a decal would be a great idea. It's a good thing I also run an ad agency so I can not only get it designed but printed all in house. (So if you need anything advertising related, feel free to contact me, logos, handbills etc etc, and I can do really cheap business cards too!).

I just very recently got a logo made along with a flyer for the grand opening, I'll post a picture below....

Grand opening flyer with logo:

edit: about the espresso machine, YEAH where is it?? I don't have one yet. Can someone lend me $13,000?? It will come eventually, hopefully in time to serve all these tourists this summer. I was looking at an illy machine that is fairly quiet and can grind and brew two types of coffees seperatly. But I don't really like illy for some reason...

Also, I wanted to ask you guys, what price do you charge for coffee or what price do you pay for coffee when you go to a coffee shop and what do you think is fair? Right now my pricing scheme is REALLY low from what I remember from the competitors. I have it at $1.25/$1.50/$1.75 for small medium and large for regular coffees (all organic and fair trade) and then $2.50/$2.75/$3.00 for Kona and Maui Coffees. I'm still making a profit but I know other coffee shops hike thier margins up an insane amount. I don't want to be like that, I want to offer a higher quality product at a lower cost. That's what I've been doing since I started selling coffee beans by the bag on my website.

Hey Think Coffee and Teas:

Nice touch. Regarding the espresso machine take a look on our site and see if this is something you like, if so I can get you a better deal than the Illy. Umm, you do advertising...I might contact you regarding something. As for your drink prices, they do seem a bit low. But since you are in Canada, they may be in line. Here's and example of our pricing here. 8 oz single latte $2.00, 12 oz single latte $2.25, 16 oz latte (comes with double shot) $2.50.

Anyway, I hope this helps :P
    "A Word of Difference"TM

Super Moderator
    $13000 us or canadian? you should be able to a 2 group for under 7grand
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

It's been awhile since I've posted but I've been pretty busy with my new shop. It's been up for a whole 3.5 weeks now!!! I am pretty much set up inside the store with products now, and just need to work on other things now.

I am having a tough time getting the awareness out about my shop since it is sort of hidden inside a busines building. Walk by traffic is growly very slowly. I actually don't even have tables yet, and am running a take out type operation right now. I will be getting tables out front this next week so that should increase awareness and increase walk by traffic sales.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links