All in a days work

One of the very best things about roasting for me here in Indonesia, is the proximity to my growers- or even the closeness to coffee being grown full-stop. Such is the case at present, the West Java harvest of Robusta, and tiny bit of Arabica, is almost over for another year. All the photos below are within a stones throw of where I live. Its really cool being able to jump on the motorbike, which I did this morning, and get in amongst the villages sprinkled around the hilltops of my locale.

56_west%20java%20coffee%20river%20valley.gif

58_indonesian%20coffee%20indo.gif

59_sorting%20triage.gif

This is a real village effort- Rice, coffee, banana's, pepaya are all the main crops in this part of Indonesia- so the village man (and woman) power is split up in a coopertive manner to deal with the daily chores

60_mbak%20west%20java.gif

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
it is nice living in paradise!! here are some pics a stones toss away from home :wink:
th_beach.jpg

th_FtLauderdaleBeach.jpg

th_Fort-Lauderdale-Beach-Promenade.jpg

th_Mar200506_060b.jpg

just a side note..the weather is like this 10 months out of the year :p

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
They're both exotic paradises, each in their own way. I wouldn't mind being in either place myself, although New England is my paradise....... well, until the eight months of winter begins again.....

Nice pics guys! :D

Crazy4Coffee

Jan 27, 2007
Visit site
How in the world did you become a Broncos fan?
By the way, the Patriots dismal record against the Broncos over the last few years is due to those cheating Patriots, while stealing the Broncos' signs, being unable to decipher them. :lol:

I lived in Silverthorne, Summit Country in the early 1990's for a year. You cant live anywhere in Colorado without becoming a Bronco's fan I reckon. Went to a game at old Mile High- sat about as far up and away from the action as was humanly possible, and it was snowing! Ever since, I have remained a loyal fan.