Looking for information for school.

collegegirl

May 24, 2004
Columbus,OH
Visit site
Hi, I am a student finishing up and we are running a fictious coffee/deli shop. If anyone is an owner, what typ of issues do you face and what are your competitor's like? Do you see the coffee industry continuing to grow. If anyone has any fun facts it would be very helpful.
Thanks!! :)

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
There are a lot of school projects going on out here regarding the running of a business. Why not do it for real? Seems to me that if you are going through all of this, you may as well do what it takes to get something going. It's one thing to spend the time, and it's another to get the actual business operational. In most business plans you map out everything from initial capitol needed to your location to monthly rent to employee salaries. I know of a lot of people that want to open a business but they continue to collect information and tuck it away. Then later collect more information and again tuck it away. Make your mind up first that you truly want to open a business, make your plan, then do it. I think you'll find that you will have a lot of fun in this industry as long as you prepare yourself and have good goals in mind. :D