FOR SALE: 1-800-More-Coffee phone number

jamesweyand

Nov 11, 2008
Visit site
I own the Toll-Free phone number that spells 1-800-More-Coffee and it is for sale outright for $2000 obo. No renting, no leases, just an outright sale. You can use it with your current phone company too.

I know you probably already have a toll free number but how memorable is it and how is it related to your business?

Call me if you have any questions,
James Weyand
mobile 206 725-2355

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I own the Toll-Free phone number that spells 1-800-More-Coffee and it is for sale outright for $2000 obo. No renting, no leases, just an outright sale. You can use it with your current phone company too.

I know you probably already have a toll free number but how memorable is it and how is it related to your business?

Call me if you have any questions,
James Weyand
mobile 206 725-2355

I recently read that many people are not happy with 1-800 numbers that spell out words, because it's annoying to have to change the letters into numbers on the phone's key pad. Even if the number is "memorable" you still have to convert the letters into numbers.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Who uses the telephone to buy things anymore? That's so 90's. Now all that matters is having a quality product and a decent internet name. That phone number isn't worth $5. $2,000??? You have got to be kidding. Bwahahahahaaa!!!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Who uses the telephone to buy things anymore? That's so 90's. Now all that matters is having a quality product and a decent internet name. That phone number isn't worth $5. $2,000??? You have got to be kidding. Bwahahahahaaa!!!

You'd be surprised how many people actually use the phone to order things. For example, QVC has tons of operators taking calls for orders, and they often resort to letting people know that the phone lines are backed up and that the fastest way to order is on-line or the QVC app. Some people prefer to talk to someone when making a decision or placing an order. I've been reading recently that there are an amazing number of households in this country that still do not have an internet connection. (seniors included).

I can see how some people would want to talk to a customer service representative when ordering coffee beans, especially if they're not sure what they want.

Although, in this case, I don't think a special 800 number is worth the $2,000.

~ Rose

P.S. I just noticed that this post is #5,000 for me on this Coffee Forum :razz:

Last edited:

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
My personal experience is that telephone orders are skewed to an older demographic ..............which probably reinforces the addage of a simple number to remember like 1-800-555-5555. Count me in as one of those people that are irritated to figure out what 1-800- get coffee is.

That plus, is that number portable to all systems ? Who actually owns the number as if I recall, some are claimed (still) by the original issuer ?

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
You'd be surprised how many people actually use the phone to order things. For example, QVC has tons of operators taking calls for orders, and they often resort to letting people know that the phone lines are backed up and that the fastest way to order is on-line or the QVC app. Some people prefer to talk to someone when making a decision or placing an order. I've been reading recently that there are an amazing number of households in this country that still do not have an internet connection. (seniors included).

I can see how some people would want to talk to a customer service representative when ordering coffee beans, especially if they're not sure what they want.

Although, in this case, I don't think a special 800 number is worth the $2,000.

~ Rose

P.S. I just noticed that this post is #5,000 for me on this Coffee Forum :razz:

Congrats on reaching the 5,000 milestone. That's quite a feat. As for QVC I can honestly say I have never ordered a single thing off of QVC. I used to be one of those people who prefered to talk to someone. But then I realized that talking to someone to place an order is much more likely to result in an error in that order than if I do it online. And with an online order, there is a record of what you ordered whereas you are at the mercy of the person you spoke to. If they don't hear you correctly or become distracted, you're out of luck. As for the older demographic, I probably fall into that as I am 58. I refuse to order over the phone unless it's takeout from a local restaurant. But hey, that's just me.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
This blog post is about coffee shops. If you want to purchase coffee then this article is for you. Wenumber lovers should view more solutions related 0121 numbers. Thanks for sharing this with us. This is a good way.

Hello TaylorSwift:

Where are you located?

I'm not sure what 0121 numbers are and at first I thought that maybe 0121 numbers are similar to the 1-800 numbers that are toll free here in the United States.

Then I Googled it, and one of the responses said:

"0121 numbers are not free to call on any UK network. However as they are local area code numbers that you may use any for remaining minutes on your landline or mobile tariff instead of paying any monetary charges."

I have no clue what Wenumber is. Google was no help with that.

~ Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
You think $2k is a crazy price to pay for a number? In 2004 Ebay shut down an auction for the number 867-5309 due to objections from Verizon. The auction had reached $80,000. Also in 2009 Natrient LLC leased 800-867-5309 from 5309 Partners Ltd for $25 million as part of a radio campaign. Two grand doesn't sound that expensive now!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
You think $2k is a crazy price to pay for a number? In 2004 Ebay shut down an auction for the number 867-5309 due to objections from Verizon. The auction had reached $80,000. Also in 2009 Natrient LLC leased 800-867-5309 from 5309 Partners Ltd for $25 million as part of a radio campaign. Two grand doesn't sound that expensive now!

Wow! It's been quite a number of years since I've thought about that song. That's a phone number that's definitely hard to forget.

$25 million certainly beats $2,000. If someone wants something bad enough, they'll pay practically any price for it.

Nugget

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, and not to poo on the parade any further but a phone number is area code plus 7 digits, so this is 1-800-mor-ecof. An old school phone will cut it and start dialing, but a cellphone will let you keep putting in all those stinking unnecessary digits if you’re not paying attention. Just make it 1-800-more coffee because coffee is so good especially light high acidic filter brews trust me thx

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Yeah, and not to poo on the parade any further but a phone number is area code plus 7 digits, so this is 1-800-mor-ecof. An old school phone will cut it and start dialing, but a cellphone will let you keep putting in all those stinking unnecessary digits if you’re not paying attention. Just make it 1-800-more coffee because coffee is so good especially light high acidic filter brews trust me thx

You didn't poo on the parade. You enlightened us by sharing your attention to details. It will certainly make a difference in how I'll look at a 1-800 number from now on.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

~ Rose

DonnaDickens

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
I had the same problem. I did everything exactly like you did, and repeated it several times, and as a result I was faced with the fact that the number 1222 appeared on the screen. I was removed and could not understand what the given number was connected with. Then I started looking for information about this number and accidentally stumbled on https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-1222-meaning/ . This number calls for a definite plan and follow it, but I don’t understand what plan can be made in the game. Maybe we are doing something wrong. And the number 1222 is a reference to numerology ?? I'm confused...

Last edited:

Gibsongi

Nov 9, 2020
England Coventry
Visit site
Actually, I agree with you in a way. You must have a memorable number for your company, especially if you work in the food industry. For example, in my home tome we have a local pizzeria that have a very memorable number, and I am sure that it is all due to its number. Personally, I found it exhausting when you have to do the Phone Number Search, that's why I think that having a memorable number is a must-have. So in a way the price you ask is a fair one. I hope someone will find my message useful.

Last edited: