FOR SALE: 1-800-More-Coffee phone number

I own the Toll-Free phone number that spells 1-800-More-Coffee and it is for sale outright for $2000 obo. No renting, no leases, just an outright sale. You can use it with your current phone company too.

I know you probably already have a toll free number but how memorable is it and how is it related to your business?

Call me if you have any questions,
    James Weyand
    mobile 206 725-2355

First of all thanks James for clarifying the usage of this unusual number, I was not aware that toll free number could be so special that costs 2000 bucks. It is very expensive number at all but you can visit cNumber's site for 0345 numbers. I think it will be better for my business as customers/clients can remember it easily.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesweyand View Post
    I own the Toll-Free phone number that spells 1-800-More-Coffee and it is for sale outright for $2000 obo. No renting, no leases, just an outright sale. You can use it with your current phone company too.

I know you probably already have a toll free number but how memorable is it and how is it related to your business?

Call me if you have any questions,
    James Weyand
    mobile 206 725-2355
    I recently read that many people are not happy with 1-800 numbers that spell out words, because it's annoying to have to change the letters into numbers on the phone's key pad. Even if the number is "memorable" you still have to convert the letters into numbers.

Who uses the telephone to buy things anymore? That's so 90's. Now all that matters is having a quality product and a decent internet name. That phone number isn't worth $5. $2,000??? You have got to be kidding. Bwahahahahaaa!!!
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    Who uses the telephone to buy things anymore? That's so 90's. Now all that matters is having a quality product and a decent internet name. That phone number isn't worth $5. $2,000??? You have got to be kidding. Bwahahahahaaa!!!

You'd be surprised how many people actually use the phone to order things. For example, QVC has tons of operators taking calls for orders, and they often resort to letting people know that the phone lines are backed up and that the fastest way to order is on-line or the QVC app. Some people prefer to talk to someone when making a decision or placing an order. I've been reading recently that there are an amazing number of households in this country that still do not have an internet connection. (seniors included).

I can see how some people would want to talk to a customer service representative when ordering coffee beans, especially if they're not sure what they want.

Although, in this case, I don't think a special 800 number is worth the $2,000.

~ Rose

P.S. I just noticed that this post is #5,000 for me on this Coffee Forum
    Last edited by PinkRose; 07-04-2020 at 04:26 AM.

My personal experience is that telephone orders are skewed to an older demographic ..............which probably reinforces the addage of a simple number to remember like 1-800-555-5555. Count me in as one of those people that are irritated to figure out what 1-800- get coffee is.

That plus, is that number portable to all systems ? Who actually owns the number as if I recall, some are claimed (still) by the original issuer ?
    Last edited by wmark; 07-04-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people actually use the phone to order things. For example, QVC has tons of operators taking calls for orders, and they often resort to letting people know that the phone lines are backed up and that the fastest way to order is on-line or the QVC app. Some people prefer to talk to someone when making a decision or placing an order. I've been reading recently that there are an amazing number of households in this country that still do not have an internet connection. (seniors included).

I can see how some people would want to talk to a customer service representative when ordering coffee beans, especially if they're not sure what they want.

Although, in this case, I don't think a special 800 number is worth the $2,000.

~ Rose

P.S. I just noticed that this post is #5,000 for me on this Coffee Forum
    Congrats on reaching the 5,000 milestone. That's quite a feat. As for QVC I can honestly say I have never ordered a single thing off of QVC. I used to be one of those people who prefered to talk to someone. But then I realized that talking to someone to place an order is much more likely to result in an error in that order than if I do it online. And with an online order, there is a record of what you ordered whereas you are at the mercy of the person you spoke to. If they don't hear you correctly or become distracted, you're out of luck. As for the older demographic, I probably fall into that as I am 58. I refuse to order over the phone unless it's takeout from a local restaurant. But hey, that's just me.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links