Location Metrics

TigerCharlie

Dec 23, 2008
Visit site
So, I'm new to all of this and I really appreciate any feedback you might have. I am considering opening a drive through coffee kiosk on a major road which had traffic of a little over 40,000 cars a day in the last state traffic report in 2004. However, the economy here in Shreveport, Louisiana has been great in the last few years and I suspect that today traffic has increased to at least 50,000 or 60,000 cars a day.

There is not another coffee shop on this road or the major feeders for perhaps five miles in either direction. Until about 2004 the economy around here was really poor, so the national chains do not have a major presence here.

So, if I had a well laid out kiosk with good signage and so on, so if I was opened from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM how much traffic could I expect?

How much traffic can one person actually handle? This is just outside of the city and I would probably carry some easy food items too and I believe I could generate a lot of traffic.

Finally, what is the range for gross sales per car?

I realize I'm pretty much asking some broad question without exact answers. I'm just trying to establish the parameters for me to consider and I really appreciate any information you might be able to provide.

Thanks!

Charlie