Starting a coffee kiosk in hospital

gadusky

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
I want to start a coffee shop in our hospital, don't know how to do it tho, maybe you can help me or send me your contact's email address so I can get some information. The hospital is ready for plumbing and electricity, I just need to submit a proposal to the administrator.

Thanks,
Ed

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
1. Are you running 24 hours ?
2. How big is the kiosk ?
3 Most hospital setups that I have seen did not have expresso, which also may be difficult (due to expertise) and slow your ability to service rapidly. Most people break at the same time and flood the food service. Expresso may just slow you to a crawl.
4. If you bake yourself, generally 100% margins on baked goods.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I split your posts from the last thread. Please next time before you post a reply please check the dates. The person you replied to has not used this forum in over 5 years.

We ask that everyone start a new thread when the one your are browsing is over a year old.

As to your hospital check with the administrator first if they even want a facility such as you wish to install. You need to see if you can even do such a thing in the first place. A lot of hospitals have contracts with food vendors that may fill that void already and may not allow any outside competition.

The other thing you need to remember is that hospitals are always expanding in one way or another. I've seen quite a few places come and go because of the constant change of pace. This is one of those thing you need to plan for and possibly have it stated in your lease agreement. There are a lot of things you need to be aware of when dealing with a hospital. Health inspectors tend to be anal, go figure. So you'll want to be prepared to jump through a lot of hoops.

I don't want to discourage you. Just want you to know what you might be getting in to.