Mobile Coffee Station

CoffeeEngineer

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Really a noob to this whole coffee industry but love coffee so much that I am considering giving up my day job to make coffee for a living.

I did a lot of searching for Coffee Concepts and then found this which I have now ordered one which will be delivered in 2 months time.

This will be my Coffee Station on wheels. I have seen it in action and must say it is amazing. There is nothing this cannot do for Coffee and looks the part to.

Got this emailed pic emailed to me.

Attachments

• CIMG0442.jpg
    CIMG0442.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 12,105

CoffeeEngineer

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
This is awesome dude! What kind of coffee are you planning on selling?

RIght now I am still learning about coffee before the station is delivered so I have been trying all kinds of beans from 100% arabica to 80\20 beans.

The main brand that seems to be popular is Lavazza i think it is due to being Italian. I think because of its consistent roast and freshness.

There is a particular Organic bean that is also one of my favourites to but I am not sure how consistent the roast will be on that.

coffeedistributor

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea Lavazza is very popular. Let me ask you? Have you ever heard about a coffee that promotes health & wellness? Reason why I ask is because I've tried this coffee, and not only the taste is great but, I got a natural energy without the caffeine crash or jitters. Let me know if this is an interest for you to sell also in your mobile station. I can send you a sample to try.:coffee1:

CoffeeEngineer

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Yea Lavazza is very popular. Let me ask you? Have you ever heard about a coffee that promotes health & wellness? Reason why I ask is because I've tried this coffee, and not only the taste is great but, I got a natural energy without the caffeine crash or jitters. Let me know if this is an interest for you to sell also in your mobile station. I can send you a sample to try.:coffee1:

I have had the idea for a while to have a coffee based energy shot. At the sport events I have been to alot of business is done by athletes drinking an espresso shot before they compete. So what I was looking for a solution to do the same thing but more of a long lasting affect.

If you have the solution I would love a sample to do some tests with. I have a contact in California where you can have it sent so will let you know closer to the time.

Thanks.

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
Serving an adulterated coffee with ingredients that are not coffee is a quick way to learn about our legal system. All you need is to have one person have a negative medical reaction and you could be in for some real financial problems. If nothing else, you could end up with insurance rates that would be astronomical.

Using Lavazza coffee would probably be more expensive than finding a local commercial roaster and buying in bulk. It would not only be fresher but would also give you the opportunity to specify the roast and blend even in relatively small quantities (like ten or fifteen pound purchases I would guess).

CoffeeEngineer

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know how you manage your water and power supply. Looks Great by the way!!

All the functions are "onboard". The water and waste is kept in 4 containers each of 4 gallons. So thats 8 gallons Fresh water and 8 Gallons Waste water. If you can reduce the waste down to 4 gallons you then have 16 gallons fresh.

The power is manged by its own DB and a PLC system (which is not shown on any of the pics I have seen). Basically what this means is that it is an intelligent electrical system where you can tell the Station what power you will be using and it will manage it accordingly. Example: on the two demos that I have done with the Station there was a feed of 20A to the station yet the total demand from the unit was 26A. What you do is set up the unit at the beginning of the day by telling it what you are going to be using and what priority you give each supply, this is all done by a touch screen display on the Station. On that particular day we had 8 elec channels running with channel 1 being the coffee machine and channnel 8 being the POS system connected to a UPS system. So channel 1 has the highest priority (and is on all the time) and channel 8 (load sheds) has the least priority and the PLC manages the power so that you do not go over 20A. In simple terms it uses the 8 Electrical Channels and monitors them ensuring the load is below 20A.

The only external connection to the station is a single power lead that gets plugged into a power socket. All the functions are on-board and so it is really a true mobile system.

As far as beans go I have been trying all kinds of beans roasted locally and am learning the differences. I can also now taste the difference between a "fluid bed" and "drum" roasted bean now that it has been explained to me. I personally prefer the drum roasted bean. Consistancy in roast is also very important and some roasters I have tried are just not setup to be very consistent so the search continues.

joe.

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I too am seriously considering giving up my job to sell coffee. I feel that a Coffee Cart is the best way to get started in order to accomplish my ultimate goal of a small chain of Coffee Houses. Who did you contact in order to find this custom made cart? I have more ambition than capital now, but would like to fully complete a business plan. Thanks in advance for your help!

CoffeeEngineer

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I too am seriously considering giving up my job to sell coffee. I feel that a Coffee Cart is the best way to get started in order to accomplish my ultimate goal of a small chain of Coffee Houses. Who did you contact in order to find this custom made cart? I have more ambition than capital now, but would like to fully complete a business plan. Thanks in advance for your help!

The website joomacoffee.com has their contact. They say that the cart will be at the next Fancy Food Show in San Fransico in Jan 2012.

These carts are designed in South Africa currently.

This last weekend i did my training on the cart for 3 days and it was really an experience. Enjoyed every minute. I show some video and will put together a clip an post it. At one stage i think we served 80 cappuccinos in an hour, it was crazy.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
What I think would be cool, is seeing a Gourmet Coffee Truck setup. the Gourmet Food trucks here in South FL are great, damn good grub. Would be cool to see a similar one with some damn good coffee.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Wish no more... as that is precisely what I do. Not in FL though... you'd have to go a little farther north.

Can make pretty much any drink concoction you can conjure up... non-alcoholic that is as we get asked that way too often.

If you want to see what we're all about PM me.