Drive thru's in Scotland??

tore0512

Sep 13, 2004
scotland
Visit site
Hi there all

I'm at the research stage (which seems to be going on and on and on!!) of opening a coffee establishment. After reading a few conversations about drive thru's, I wondered if there is anybody in the UK doing anything similar? Or has anyone heard of any companies that have an European office? Any help would be greatly appreciated from across the pond.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
To tell you the truth I haven't seen or heard of anyone in your neck of the woods that has done so. Why not be the first? Do you think it would go well there? I realize that there are a lot of cafes and such throughout Europe, but a drive thru. Man that would be so cool 8)

Why don't you be the first and see what happens? You know a lot of people say to themselves, "Boy I wish I had thought about that, or if I had the chance I'd do that, or my favorite...I thought of that idea first but didn't do it." I might be crazy, but if you don't see it, then start it. :p

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
what part of Scotland? I used to run around Dunoon....wife is from Clyde Bank....a drive thru eh? You guys able to do that seeing that you drive on the wrong side of the road? :p

tore0512

Sep 13, 2004
scotland
Visit site
Ah there is always a joker! Who said you lot didn't have a sense of humour! :grin:
All jokes aside, I don't actually know how a drive thru would work over here, I'm guessing that the stops are by the side of the road? Do cars drive off a slip road to get to them? Do you have them running by main roads, see, totally in the dark, but willing to learn!
If I don't go with a drive thru then it will be a little shop in Edinburgh, what's new in the states that hasn't found its way via Starbucks to us?