Is Ambex Still in Business?

kifucoffeeroaster

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone out there know the story on Ambex. I was in the middle of negotiating buying a refurbished roaster with Terry, and all of the sudden he and Ambex have completely stopped returning my calls/emails for over two weeks. I've heard nothing but positive reviews for Ambex machines and the folks at Ambex, so I'm wondering if something is going on with the company. Anyone have any info?

KCR

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Great question...

Does anyone out there know the story on Ambex. I was in the middle of negotiating buying a refurbished roaster with Terry, and all of the sudden he and Ambex have completely stopped returning my calls/emails for over two weeks. I've heard nothing but positive reviews for Ambex machines and the folks at Ambex, so I'm wondering if something is going on with the company. Anyone have any info?

KCR

Ambex is horrible with communicating, especially after getting your deposit. I ordered a roaster from them back in December and I have no idea when I'm going to get it or if I'm going to get it. They told me I would get it in early February, it's now May and they don't return emails or phone calls.

I have heard great things about their products but not communicating is a horrible way to do business.

I'm not sure what to do...

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
They are still in business...and they have a new owner! I will get in touch with him and have him join the forums...

I have met the owner and he seemed like a great guy, but taking orders and then missing delivery dates multiple times and cutting off all communication with customers is totally unacceptable. I hope the company gets it's act together and stays in business, I have a vested interest it!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
elguapo..I do no think you read my post. I said Ambex has been bought out. Don from Roaster Authority is the new owner of Ambex. I have known him for many years and he has great things in store for Ambex. Give Don a chance and give him a call. I have never had a problem with Don not calling me back.

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
elguapo..I do no think you read my post. I said Ambex has been bought out. Don from Roaster Authority is the new owner of Ambex. I have known him for many years and he has great things in store for Ambex. Give Don a chance and give him a call. I have never had a problem with Don not calling me back.

You are right, I glossed-over your reply saying they had new ownership. I'm happy to hear it and look forward to working with the new owner....

catib999

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I was in the middle of negotiating buying a refurbished roaster with Terry, and all of the sudden he and Ambex have completely stopped returning my calls/emails for over two weeks.

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I was in the middle of negotiating buying a refurbished roaster with Terry, and all of the sudden he and Ambex have completely stopped returning my calls/emails for over two weeks.

So did you ever get a call back or the roaster? Was this recently?

topacup

May 2, 2011
Visit site
This is great I ordered a roaster with 12K deposit in Oct was told 4-6 wks for delivery. They emailed Feb said I should have it by end of month. March 19 I was at there training in Clearwater Terry told me it will be shipped the following wk. Since then I can't communicate with anyone.

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
This is great I ordered a roaster with 12K deposit in Oct was told 4-6 wks for delivery. They emailed Feb said I should have it by end of month. March 19 I was at there training in Clearwater Terry told me it will be shipped the following wk. Since then I can't communicate with anyone.

You should contact Don at Roaster Authority, he also confirmed to me that he/they are the new owners of Ambex, you can get his contact info from their web page. I sent him an email this morning and he was prompt to reply, a refreshing change...

kifucoffeeroaster

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Catib999, which roaster were you negotiating? I was negotiating buying the YM5. Are we enemies :coffee:? haha. I just called Don. Hope things get cleared up. Thinking about getting an Ozturk instead.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
My ambex 60 kilo will be ready June 1st! I am so stoked! I am buying it used but Don is refurbishing it. The machine he is refurbing I used for 8 years!! I can't wait to get it back!

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I've also been in contact with Don. In terms of making himself available to customers, it's a stark contrast from Terry. When I emailed Don I got a response quickly and when I called I got him on the phone very quickly, so I'm very happy about that. He gave me a window for the delivery, which is months later than what Terry promised but Don just took over the company and all the baggage left to him....

Overall, show me the roaster. I believe in Don but many of us have been burned by Ambex and I'll be happy when I have my new roaster.

If anyone get's a roaster from Don and Ambex, let us know here. I'd like to know when the orders start getting filled!