Share your Ambex (horror) story

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a roaster from Ambex late last year and now have no idea if I will ever see my roaster or get my money back. I was supposed to get my roaster in February and it's now May and they have yet to communicate with me.

I wanted to hear other people's experience with ordering from them and find out if anyone has recently received an order from them. I hear their roasters are great but I would like to judge for myself...

Please share, it will comfort me.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Ambex is under new ownership. You might want to contact them. The new owners name is Don and he is very good about getting back with customers. If you need his direct number pm me and I will get it to you. I know they are packing up from the SCAA show and it might be a couple of days till he can respond...I wish you luck and hope that you are able to get your Ambex roaster. I have used many different brands over the years and always come back to Ambex.

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
This is great news....

Ambex is under new ownership. You might want to contact them. The new owners name is Don and he is very good about getting back with customers. If you need his direct number pm me and I will get it to you. I know they are packing up from the SCAA show and it might be a couple of days till he can respond...I wish you luck and hope that you are able to get your Ambex roaster. I have used many different brands over the years and always come back to Ambex.

I'm so happy about this news! I'll contact you know and update the forum if there are others in the same boat....

coffeemessiah

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I talked the the new owners a weeks ago, The Roaster Authority. I just bought a YM-15 on Ebay and I live near Clearwater and thought I'd drop by since I couldn't contact Ambex at all, their website was useless. The brother of the owner told me they were fixing the orders that Ambex didnt follow through on. Disappointing about Terry Davis, I had thought he was good to the coffee industry...apparently not. Anyways..they help install roasters, maint., refurbishing and building roasters. I look forward to doing some business with them when I get a location ready.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
Not my horror story but I was sitting next to a person at a meeting to start an Ontario based roasters guild/association. The couple had a terrible time keeping the machine in operating condition with constant maitenance and repair. Unfortunately, similar stories were shared through the day.

I was lucky when buying a machine. I was a little obsessive in my homework but got some help/great advice from someone.....and did not buy Ambex.

Last edited:

elguapo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Not my horror story but I was sitting next to a person at a meeting to start an Ontario based roasters guild/association. The couple had a terrible time keeping the machine in operating condition with constant maitenance and repair. Unfortunately, similar stories were shared through the day.

I was lucky when buying a machine. I was a little obsessive in my homework but got some help/great advice from someone.....and did not buy Ambex.

Great, of all the horror stories I've heard, they usually just involve sales and customer service, I'm thrilled to add quality issues to the mix. Hopefully the incidents are isolated, does anyone else have quality issues outside of what would be considered normal wear-and-tear?