Coffee Prices to Retailers

kifucoffeeroaster

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently transitioning my market from individual customers to retailers. I'm a little nervous, however, about the fact that this is probably the worst time ever to do this with the international value of the American dollar and the steady increase in coffee prices.

My question is, what is a competitive mark-up percentage for specialty coffees? I talked to one store owner who said he's paying between $7-7.50 per lb.--he sells primarily FTO coffees. Does that sound right?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

SecretCoffeeTv

May 4, 2011
Pennsylvania
Visit site
I'm currently transitioning my market from individual customers to retailers. I'm a little nervous, however, about the fact that this is probably the worst time ever to do this with the international value of the American dollar, the steady increase in coffee prices.

My question is, what is a competitive mark-up percentage for specialty coffees? I talked to one store owner who said he's paying between $7-7.50 per lb.--he sells primarily FTO coffees. Does that sound right?

Thoughts?

Sounds like you've been doing your homework. I recently saw a news update that this will be the year that coffee prices will hit new heights.

Latest posts