Post Consumer Fiber Cups / PLA Cup Supplier

Jay_Raz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Good afternoon folks,

I'm in the process of preparing my business plan for a coffee kiosk located in SW Pennsylvania / West Virginia. I am at the point where I am determining my product line and costs. I am currently researching PLA and Post Consumer Fiber Cups, Lids, Straws, Food Containers, etc. So far I have found three companies:

Eco Products http://ecoproducts.com
Stalk Market http://StalkMarketProducts.com
Repurpose Compostables http://Repurposecompostables.com

This isn't a debate for PLA vs Post Consumer. I am breaking down the prices per drink / food item.

Does anyone have experience with these companies, if so how was it or how is it currenlty going. Also if anyone could suggest any other companies to check out.

My experience so far:

Eco Products

Has a very user friendly website for ordering, anything over $100 is free shipping. Very fast and responsive via emails and phone calls. I know I'm in a funky area, so finding a distributor for my location has been a little rough so far, but still waiting back on phone call from Sysco.

Stalk Market

Very slow in response via web and phone calls. I sent an inquiry via the web for a distributor list, price list, and some other information. Also left message with lady at company headquarters number *who doesn't have the best communication skills, English not first language it seems* Their lack of response, or response time as I'm still waiting, is a big deterrent. Also the person answering your main number should have some useful information and an average communication skill set. If this hard to get information about your product, makes me worried about the rest of your production.

Repurpose Compostables

Met them at the SCAA Houston Expo. Seems to be a younger company who is still setting up a country-wide distribution. Was able to call them and get the information needed. They currently didn't have a distributor for the East Coast. They were also in the process of setting up their online store. He took my information and said he would contact me as soon as either a Distributor opened up for my area or the website for ordering went live. They left a good impression, even though not able to provide me with specific information that I currently need.

So any information regarding these companies or others that I have not investigated yet. I like to deal with a company that is specific to the renewable market, not just a company that has a small renewable product line and the rest of their line isn't.

Thank You,

Jay Raz

Last edited:

Jay_Raz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Did receive a response from Stalk Market, felt it should have been easier to get information or a hold of someone. They forwarded my contact info to the distributor for my area. They stated he is in midst of traveling, so response might be delayed. Understandable, but still have an uneasy feeling so far. Hopefully that changes, cause I'd rather have two or more great companies with great service to choose from. Any input is appreciated.

Jay_Raz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
After falling deeper into the rabbit hole, I've decided to dedicate the next year or so to developing my coffee knowledge, skills, and appreciation. My goal is still to open either a kiosk, espresso bar, or possible drive-thru location. So deciding on products is going to be some time off. I will continue to study the business side, but it has taken a backseat and the coffee bean is now riding shotgun.