Need Conversion Kit (NG to LPG) for Ambex YM-15. PLEASE HELP!!!

kifucoffeeroaster

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got my used roaster (2005 Ambex YM-15) in last week. However, it is hooked up for NG and I need the kit for LPG. As many of you know, Ambex has fallen off the radar and my gas man said I would have to get the kit from the manufacturer (Ambex). Am I screwed or what?

Does anyone happen to have a conversion kit who has converted from LPG to NG? Know anyone who has done this? If so, PLEASE contact me. I'm sitting on a roaster with no way to use it. It's killing me!

Best,

KCR

Contact Info: roaster (at) kifubeans (dot) com

coffeejoes

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I do not think you screwed. Normally you just need to replace the orifice's on all the burners. Send Don at Ambex and ask for the availability from him. If he does not stock them, ask him for the specs so you can find them locally. If you were going the other way, you could widen the LPG orifice's. If I remember correctly from my YM10 the burner parts are all US so you should be able to get the parts locally. Hope this has been some help.

kifucoffeeroaster

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing, I neither Don nor Terry (Ambex in general) will return my calls/emails. When I talked to them before I got the roaster, they told me they could sell me a conversion kit. But now I just can't get ahold of them...

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I just ot a text from Don..he is working on the road. I would suggest emailing him or call a local gas guy. The local gas guy can get you the new orifices. Good luck.

kifucoffeeroaster

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I did email him...and called him. No response. I think you have to be a Super Moderator to get that kind of attention from the Ambex folks.

Also called the local gas guy, who said I would have to get the kit from the manufacturer.