coffee partner

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Coffee Forums :)

Is there a particular reason you are looking for a partner? Do you have coffee experience and business management and need capitol or vice verse?
The only reason why I ask is, partnerships are like marriages, there are some that work out... a lot of them fail and end in a nasty divorce.

Research limited liability partnerships and different corporation types and think about
1. your long term goals
2. your exit strategy

I was in discussions with a good acquaintance / friend for weeks spending a lot of time on due diligence. At the end we didn't go into agreement because I wasn't willing to relinquish a large enough portion of the business for the amount they wanted to invest and they didn't want to commit hours to the business.

To answer you question directly : online, business networking events, family, and friends. IF YOU ARE ASKING WHERE TO FIND THESE PEOPLE you are not ready for a partnership.

Best of luck on your coffee shop plans

Last edited:

lighight

Jun 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
To answer you question directly : online, business networking events, family, and friends. IF YOU ARE ASKING WHERE TO FIND THESE PEOPLE you are not ready for a partnership.

Thanks, Mr. Shave. I wonder if others agree that if I were to ask where coffee business partners meet on the internet, then I'm not ready for a partnership?

I'm looking for a partner because I lack the time to do this all on my own. Business plan, capitol, location, passion for specialty coffees, and desire to improve a neighborhood through a coffee business are all there. I've been hoping to meet the right person through friends, family, and further developing my coffee hobby - but it just hasn't happened yet.

TheGamersGrind

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Mr Shaves suggestions of business networking events is good but family and friends you have to be VERY cautious. If business goes wrong especially with family then you can have long term family issues. Also his suggestion your not ready forces things into a chicken and egg scenario except for those that just happen to know a bunch of people with excess cash to invest.
Thanks, Mr. Shave. I wonder if others agree that if I were to ask where coffee business partners meet on the internet, then I'm not ready for a partnership?

I'm looking for a partner because I lack the time to do this all on my own. Business plan, capitol, location, passion for specialty coffees, and desire to improve a neighborhood through a coffee business are all there. I've been hoping to meet the right person through friends, family, and further developing my coffee hobby - but it just hasn't happened yet.