Online Coffee Business Trending?

VTCoffee

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I just posted about these guys in the Coffee Table section but wanted to bring it on over to the Coffee Industry forum.

Is online coffee really picking up any speed? I've know about gocoffeego (always ads here) and other online coffee shops, but do any of you use them. I thought the idea in the kickstarter link below was interesting because they want to let you TRY the coffee before you buy. I'm not sure if they curate/choose coffees for you based on your taste preferences, but I found this idea to be unique and novel. What do you think?

the red cup. Small-batch, Micro-roasted Coffee Subscriptions by Kevin — Kickstarter

crowhue

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I hope so because Im setting one up too : )

Someone suggested a coffee club type setup to me where you subscribe for a monthly fee (or whatever) and get samples of new beans etc. I thought (rightly or wrongly) that a straight forward retail site would work better. We'll see.

MerryMug

Feb 21, 2012
Florida
Visit site
As the owner of an online retail coffee mug company, I do indeed see this trend picking up! The online shopping trend is due to drastically increase this year & next year!

HalfCaffeinated

Feb 22, 2012
USA
Visit site
Well said! I am new to this whole online game as well! Was looking for a way to explore a hobby AND potentially earn a little pocket change to sweeten the deal (or at least pay for hosting costs). So far it's been an arduous journey, but I've thoroughly enjoyed writing, talking, and sharing coffee! Haha.

Cheers!

Brandon @ Half-Caf Reviews

Edit: If any of you guru webmasters have ANY and ALL criticism to offer that would clue me in, feel more than free to shoot me a PM!!!

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Well this trend is going to get more and more trendier because online business is booming know a days faster and faster with better profit and good business, which can rule the market for decades in every corner of the world and thus, making an online business a great option.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
I keep reading about the trend to internet sales but is it from people looking for specific goods ?
How do you drive people to your site ? Would that not be the primary issue ?

youronlinecoffee

Feb 27, 2012
San Francisco
Visit site
There seems to be a trend towards online sales. The biggest issue is standing out from the competition and finding that niche of repeat customers. Being able to Sample Coffee is a benefit to the sales of coffee. However it can be an expensive promotion unless it draws those repeat customers back again and again.

GiveGrowGo

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
@wmark YEP! your right!! thats the $ question... if you can rank High in Google etc. then you can drive sales to your site. ( learning the Tricks of SEO is way some sites make $$ and some just sit there) @youronlinecoffee Your right too! We are playing around with the "niche" of locally roasted coffee in our site that is a hub buying that by area of the usa..

Latest posts