Selling Coffee Online

DrinkinJava

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
That's a tough one. There is a lot of competition out there for the online coffee market. How willing are you to spend over 50% of your day keeping your website at the top of the search engines and the rest of the day filling orders, along with all the other business related tasks that go with running a business. Things like marketing, ordering inventory (don't want to run out of a product, it can take some time to restock), packaging for UPS shipment, etc, etc, etc. And that's for any type of coffee business.

DrinkinJava

eddiesohn

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Casa Liberica Coffee

Try our product, Baraco coffee.

It is the Philippines famous coffee bean. It is grown in the provinces of Cavite, Quezon and other spots in our country. But our coffee beans came from where it originated and labeled as its birthplace, Batangas, Philippines. The difference between them are how they were raised and cultivated. Among the said locations, Batangas proved to have the best topography to grow these beans for the climate and soil quality are perfect.

Our Baraco coffee, also known as Kapeng Barako is grown in the province of Lipa, Batangas Philippines and known to be its origin and birthplace. It is a variety of coffea liberica which is known the be the largest bean in the world. Plus, the beans harvested from our country is considered and labeled as the best tasting Liberica beans all over the world.

Rest assured that you only get quality, outstanding and 100% Pure Roasted Baraco coffee beans. It is our mission to serve each individual a taste of a lifetime. A satisfaction guaranteed each and every time you brew a cup of our coffee.

One of our advocacy is to promote our very own coffee to the world. May you help us to save and relive our finest coffee beans.

Feel free to contact us. It will be a pleasure to us to answer all your queries.

Check on our products at our facebook fanpage or on our multiply website.

Please do like us on facebook. Casa Liberica

casaliberica.blogspot.com​

Rich

Feb 6, 2012
Oceanside, Ca
Visit site
DrinkinJava is right. My wife and I started a coffee business over a year ago. The competition is stiff to be sure. There is the online store, keeping the website viable, filling orders, shipping, etc... The strong temptation is to make it pay quickly...but with all the competition, and the current high price of coffee, only years of effort will get you there. Keep trying different retail mixes and find one that works for you and your market.

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Coffee Business is in the market since decades as it has a great competition and making a high profit as coffee lovers are all over the world and taking a business online and can make it much easier.

coffeeproject

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Curious to know if anyone can recommend a coffee business where someone (me) could market good, quality coffee products at a reasonable price and make a living working from home (or wherever my laptop is)?? Much appreciated.

Alan Brooks

Have you considered your market? Is your market more high end or low end? This would affect the capital needed to start your coffee store. Also, as an investment have you taken into account your ongoing costs such as your employee salaries and the cost of coffee and supplies. There are all different ranges from your cheap traditional coffee to the high end acid free Tylers Coffees, which you could charge a premium for in your coffee shop.

kevin915

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Alan, if you drink coffee - or know people who do - then you have an opportunity to make as much extra income from home as you want. Agents and & distributors wanted in all areas. Please contact me i will be happy to help you

chaeungi

Jun 19, 2015
Seoul
Visit site
I live in Seoul and I usually order organic Vietnamese coffee from a shop called Huongmai Cafe (you can google it). Coffee is so nice and smooth (I cant drink it strong :( ) but couldnt last long because the coffee is fresh packed, but very worth a try. I addicted to their product haha

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I live in Seoul and I usually order organic Vietnamese coffee from a shop called Huongmai Cafe (you can google it). Coffee is so nice and smooth (I cant drink it strong :( ) but couldnt last long because the coffee is fresh packed, but very worth a try. I addicted to their product haha

hi Chaeungi, welcome to forum. can you tell me the "organic Vietnam coffee" is Arabica or Robusta?
also when you say "you can not drink it strong", is that mean "caffeine"? or "the degree of coffee roast (light, medium or dark roast)"?
finally, when you say "fresh packed", you mean the bag is "sealed"? "vacuum packed" or "with one way air valve"?

SupaChili

Jul 6, 2014
Finland
Visit site
As with a new business (but in Finland) I can answer to the asker that it's really difficult to stand out from all the competition with an online store unless you have loads of money for advertising. I would recommend a coffee shop instead to get a steady income. There are many roasteries and online coffee shops worldwide and you have to come up with something really unique and special to stand out. But not meant to be discouraging, you should do what you love to do but be aware that it is difficult business.

EDIT: Oh, it was an old topic, didn't realize :). Hope the online store is going well.

Millar

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Curious to know if anyone can recommend a coffee business where someone (me) could market good, quality coffee products at a reasonable price and make a living working from home (or wherever my laptop is)?? Much appreciated.

Alan Brooks

Hi, I have had the same question and problem doing some home roasting, thus I decided to develop ForArtisans.com, that should assist with the abovementioned challenge. I am sure advertising your products here could assist with broadening your scope of sales and exposure to new clients.

The business of artisan roasting in focused on clients that is not as price sensitive as they are flavour/quality sensitive. This creates the opportunity for producers (assuming their product is GOOD) to differentiate on those qualities. And that in turn makes it a lot more realistic for the small producer to sell in a highly fragmented market.

Hope this helps.

Cheers