Question for Shop owners on gross sales and profit?

xssx

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping to get input from shop owners telling everyone a breif description about your place. How long you have been in business. I know it can be wide ranging but would like to know your first years gross sales and net profit and the last few years.

I'm considering opening a bikini barista and would like to know what most shops make opposes to these to see how much business everyone is doing and if the bikini's really boost sales?

dstrand

Apr 25, 2012
SF Bay Area
Visit site
Regarding your final question -- I suppose it depends on who's wearing the bikini.

I own a coffee roaster now, but back in the day, I used to have a coffee house. As much of a draw as the bikinis may be, there are so many other things that come first. If location is everything (and it is!), then the quality of coffee, service and your rapport with your customers is everything else.

Of course, you could have great location, great coffee & service, but a crazy overhead can still kill you.

Um. I'm not helping. Am I?

I guess what it comes down to, is do you want to open a coffee bar. If you do, then do your homework, ask a lot of questions, and you may have a shot. Running a shop is a heck of a lot of work, (I mean 18 hours a day, 6 days a week - crazy) but we had some of our best times too.

Best of luck!
Dave S.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I can't imagine the headaches involved with hiring a bunch of perfect baristas who can "work" an espresso machine and a bikini too. Do bikini baristas get paid more than regular baristas?

Do a lot of research and talk to some people who already run bikini coffee shops. It may not be as easy as you think it will be.

Rose

hannah2012

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
People want their coffee in the morning, so your location and product need to be your priority. Like any other business, people will come back for more if it's good and they get good service, irrespective of whether they are wearing a bikini. In my opinion, a bikini doesn't belong in foodservice and goes a long way to cheapen your product. I wouldn't think you'd be able to charge a premium either. I don't know... sounds like a bad idea, but I suppose people have done it successfully.