Shipping coffee from central america?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyDave

It's such a small amount, that you might as well FedEx or UPS it.
Then you have customs (and clearing)........maybe USDA.
Sounds easy, not easy.
Have you tasted/sampled this coffee?
The prospect of everyone profiting from bypassing the export/import morass, is appealing, but it does have it's pitfalls.
Good luck, let us know how it all works out.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Why is this the wrong forum? Just because some questions arise on issues you would rather not address?

Sounds like you just don't like the answers we've given, imo.

lw

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
LOL To be honest, looking to import between 50 and 100 lbs of beans sounds a bit amateurish to me. I wonder why your source doesn't know more about this matter than they apparently do? Unless you just don't want to believe them, either....

The micro-lot kona we're sourcing actually breaks their orders down to multiple small shipping packs when the order is as small as you describe above in order to save money.

Btw, I've learned a lot about the industry in the couple of months I've been snooping around these forums. Matter of fact, I probably have had as many private conversations with forum members as I've made public posts in that time. Its amazing what one can learn when one makes an effort to actually gain knowledge rather than reaffirm suspicions or (mistaken) beliefs.

Wen

May 6, 2012
USA and Guatemala
Visit site
REDrum, Have you found an answer yet to shipping small amounts of coffee? If you have let me know or maybe we could ship together. What country are you wanting to ship from. I'm in Guatemala.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
The answer is in your question. It is Fedex. You also have the issue of needing an account as you will need to be billed rather than the sender....that is unless you are going to carry the beans yourself.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
So, two new posters doubting information asked for and provided, eh? Sounds like you and your new buddy need to look elsewhere for your information if you both don't trust the answers given here. Btw, I think wen and the op are the same person. Really doubt that there are two people this obstinate in the same thread.

Can you certify your answer, wmark, or maybe have a notary public affix an official seal verifying the accuracy of your statement? Are you willing to take a lie detector test?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Thanks for understanding. Since I didn't create the forum rules, I wasn't sure where I was supposed to draw the line. Plus, I have to admit I was hoping one of the other moderators would jump in and hit the delete button for me!

By the way, I did some research, and FedEx looked like the best option. The question has been answered.

Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.