I need your feedback on a new roaster I am developing

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Hello. I would like to have your feedback on a new roaster I am developing, which should be out on the market real soon. It is a 5 lb. capacity fluid bed roaster I am naming "javaPRO-CRC AIR". It will be gas fired, and incorporates some neat new ideas I will likely try to patent.

In any rate, the unit looks like R2D2 with a hose coming out of its head, attached to a cooling device/dechaffer, and vacuum type unit. Exhaust is pumped outdoors. It uses some PID technology (temp points monitored with alarm notification functions); and variable rate exhaust/vacuum function. The roasting chamber is 95% stainless steel with some aluminum components. The roaster also has a self contained bean cooler.

I should have some pictures (also a video of it in operation) up shortly on www.coffeeroastersclub.com .

What do you think the price point should be (retail)? The thing is fairly compact, probably covers about 8 square feet of floor space (this roaster needs to be set on a floor for its use).

Remember that I make each roaster completely by hand in my shop. 100% Made in the U.S.A.

I appreciate any feedback.

Best regards,
Len
CoffeeRoastersClub.com