Suppliers?

AmericanSweets

May 18, 2012
Austin, TX
Visit site
I am opening a small American sweet shop this year and will be having a small coffee bar to accompany the sweets.
I humbly come before you coffee experts for advice.
I have barista-ed before, but never got into it enough to know the ins and outs and to understand what machines to buy and not.
I'm looking for a good espresso machine, but not ridiculous. This will be a very quaint shop and while I'll want the machine to be awesome, I really am not looking for anything high-tech, just something that drips some good espresso and has a working wand.
Also looking for advice on a decent coffee maker and bean grinder.
We will be opening in the Austin, Texas area. Are there any local or free-trade coffee companies anyone would recommend?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "AmericanSweets"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website!

We have a lot of members who have experience with Cafe equipment. Weekends are traditionally a slow time for people viewing the forum; however, I'm sure you'll get a response to your questions soon.

In the meantime, please take advantage of our helpful search feature that's at the top right of this webpage. You can search for information about espresso machines, grinders, etc. and see what's been recommended in the past.

We also have a special forum area where you can explore this topic further: Coffee and Espresso Machines

Again, welcome...we hope you'll visit us often.

Rose