Travel Mugs - Handle or No Handle

hannah2012

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone.

So I'm after some travel mugs. My one requirement is that they are double walled stainless steel. So - handle or no handle. Has anyone had a good/bad experience with either? I'm thinking no handle, personally I think it gets in the way with cupholders and stuff, but just curious what you all think :-D

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
All three of my stainless steel travel mugs have handles (different brands). The handles are up high enough on the mugs, and there is plenty of room for the mugs to fit in my car's cupholders. I like having the handle, because it gives me something to grab onto when I'm trying to carry my coffee and a bunch of other things to and from the car. However, I noticed that I don't use the handle when I drink my coffee, so I'm guessing I could learn to do without it.

Another consideration is that the no-handle option would make it easier for you to display the travel mugs on a shelf.

Could you order some of each and see how your customers like them?

Rose

hannah2012

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Great point about putting them on the shelf! That pretty much made my decision!!!! I tend to refrain from asking customers about anything, which is why I'm really liking this message board. Customers don't respond with what's best for the business and what's best for all customers - they just respond to what's best for themselves; and as a former statistician, I know I'd need to poll a random sample of 30 customers, compare that to a random sample of potential customers, in order to get any sort of realistic feedback... hence, never as your customers what they like, I think it's your job to know / find out!!! Thanks for the feedback :)

Latest posts