Importing and distributing a single origin coffee

Hurricane

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I am currently in the process of importing a single origin coffee from a small estate in Indonesia. The estate is run by a friend I met several years ago when travelling there. He is now in a position to start exporting and I have agreed to be the distributor for him in the UK. The products are a selection of his roasted beans ground or whole in vacuumed packaging.

My question is how/what would be the best way to go about distributing the products? Do I go the online route, or do I try and push the product to the Asian indoor/outdoor markets or the Asian Restaurants? Do I try and aim at cafes or perhaps hotels? Do I go door knocking and push the products to the general public, specialty coffee/tea shops? Is marketing a new estate coffee a hard task in this current climate or will people love something new to try?

Any advice/help/information would be greatly appreciated

Regards

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Why asian markets and restaurants? I really doubt that is your best target markets.

I'd say specialty coffee and tea shops as well as gourmet shops would be the places to start.

Good luck.

lw.

WonFeri

Jun 10, 2012
Indonesia
Visit site
Small chance to go to asian market if you come from Europe, honestly my company get in China, Japan, and South from our Ministry of Trade Of Republic of Indonesia. And this year my partner must take 3-4 times exhibitions in South Korea to get through the fair trade. It's hard to be trusted with. But worth it.

Won