Venezuelan Coffee to Export

VenCoffee

Jun 17, 2012
Caracas
Visit site
Hello All,

Like many who are now in the coffee industry, I began from the simple joy derived from having a good cup of coffee. I'm an expat who's been living in Venezuela for a couple of years now and although I was well aware of Colombia's reputation in the coffee world (as I'm sure most everyone is) I had no idea that their next door neighbor rivaled them in quality and taste. Venezuela's coffee has mostly been overshadowed by its most prominent export since the 1920's, oil.

While living here I traveled the country extensively and visited many regions where great coffee was being grown and harvested. I then took to buying the best beans in bulk and selling it to specialty coffee shops in the main cities. The reception has been so positive that I'm now considering exporting to other countries, mainly the US and Europe. However, I lack the formal knowledge required to take this venture to the next level and so I resorted to this forum for advice.

What would be my most favorable course of action in exporting the coffee? Are there resources where one can find buyers who are interested in buying coffee in a large scale? Perhaps a website, forum or association?

Thanks beforehand for any and all advise and help you can give, it'll be greatly appreciated. I hope everyone will have a chance to try how great Venezuelan coffee tastes in the near future.

Cheers

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
Funny, a Venezuelan guy opened up a coffee store where I live. His family farms and exports coffee. He said it is very difficult to do and safety was one of the reasons his portion of the family is in Canada. His family still farms and exports.

TED

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi There,

I come from Venezuela but I have been living abroad for few years... I am currently looking for importing Venezuelan coffee to the place I am living in.

If you wish please let me know how I could find you private email address for further discussion.

Regards,

Coffeeandco

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello i read your message and wanted to find out what size orders your thinking of exporting ? Do you know how often you can ship ? Could you please email me so we could discuss it and see if its something we could do.

Best Regards,

Brian

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
My friend or 'fren' said that it does not make sense to export less than 1/2 container............that is unless you want to bear the cost of shipping less.

Latest posts