Seeking Advice From Cafe Owners and Those Considering Opening A Cafe

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello Frank;
Interesting website that gives a "general" insight into businesses. When you say " I'd like to charge people for using it but don't know if its ready yet." I am a little confused. Are you going to charge people to come to the website and use or are you going to try to use this to act as a consultant for people in the coffee business?
If you are using this for a business plan this website only gives 10% of what you are going to need. This, as a general look, is good but I wouldn't rely to heavely on this. It does allow you to change alot of your costs and thereby alot of your expected revenues/profits.
Brian

Last edited:

Frank_Cannon

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Brian

No, the Cafe Planner is not my only revenue stream for my website. There are others including advertising etc.

I know its not a complete guide to running a cafe (I'm sure no webpage/tool could ever do that) but it should help people with the financial aspects of running a cafe. This could be one they already own or one they are planning to create.

Did you find that you could create a picture of how much money you could make each week?

To do this, on the Capacity Tab you just set how many days you are open per week, your opening hours, Save. Then on the Activity Tab set how busy you are for each hour, Save. Then on the Daily Inputs Tab set your prices. That should give your revenue per week.

Then fill out your costs and that will give your Profit and Loss and other financial reports.

By all means let me know if anything important is missing.

Best,

Frank

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello Frank;
Went to activity page and changed days open to 5, open time to 8:15 and close to 1:00 and number of seats at 0 and counter sales to 30. when I go to activity page it shows 0 for dine-in and 30 for counter but the graph won't let me adjust anything. Seems that it won't work for mobile/cart applications or am I doing something wrong?
Brian