Need your help! How to import coffee beans?

Omerta

Sep 2, 2012
Quebec city
Visit site
Okay I am so confused. I would like some guidelines on how to import roasted coffee beans. I really don't know what steps to take.
Though I know exactly what I want. It's Ethiopian Yrgacheffe roasted coffee. I think I have find a supplier at alibaba.com. Can you help me?

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to think this one through a bit more. I'd be careful with that kind of deal. Quality can vary widely and freshness will be a factor. Roasted beans don't have very long shel life.

I'd first consider buying green beans from an importer who has already vetted the beans quality, as Brian mentioned above and then have a local roaster roast them for you if you aren't into roasting yourself. Otherwise you risk sitting on stale beans that won't have customers coming back for more.

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello Omerta;
Eldub is absolutely correct. If you read this site you will come to the realization that importing roasted beans in bulk will be a nightmare. Coffee beans stale in less than a week so how do you suppose to get them shipped to you and then for you to package them and ship them in less than 2-3 weeks?
You might also consider a roaster that will drop ship your orders for you. Please do alot more research before you move ahead, and decide what it is that your business will be.
Brian