New Zealand coffee market

Nackle

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking into business importing premium brand coffee into New Zealand and I am trying to understand the local market. In Europe, it is customary for the distributer to provide and service the espresso machine provided the end user (i.e. a coffee place) sells enough coffee. When the end user decides to switch to another distributer, the old one takes its machine and new one brings its own. Is the system in New Zealand similar, or do the coffee shop owners actually own their own espresso machines?

Thanks and best wishes,

[FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, helvetica, sans-serif]Nace[/FONT]

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't it make sense to contact a coffee house in your local area and ask this question or are you still in Europe?

MagicBelly

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Most of the bigger coffee firms here (allpress, altura etc) provide a brand serviced machine in conjunction with a commitment to buy certain amounts of the brands coffee per month. Figures are based on area & projected sales. The big brands also provide training - after all, you want people to buy more of your coffee! Might as well make it the best you can :)