What music do you play in your shop?

Sinister703

May 31, 2004
Windsor,Ontario
Visit site
I mostly play 2 stations from satellite music (just DirecTV) soft rock & light jazz. If you play too much hip or current music, you get tons of kids hanging around, so I make sure its not too current. Been dong this for years, and the ppl still like it. Oh, and I lock out the other stations so the staff don't get crazy on the night shift :)

donmak

Nov 26, 2004
SW Florida
Visit site
There is alot of new music out now that appeals to both young and old. Alot of singer/songwriter type stuff. Charlotte Martin is awesome, she is currently opening on tour for Matt Nathanson - which is another good coffee shop style type of acoustic music - and others.

jitterbuzz

Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
I usually play Pink Martini, Portishead, Frou Frou, Bjork, Gotan Project, Thievery Corporation, Dj kicks, Miles Davis, Cinematic Orchestra, Coltrane lots of down tempo lounge type stuff. I have a friend who works for miramax composing soundtracks and how music fits into movies and his job is to just listen to music. So he sends me musicians to look into, which everyone seems to love as background music

everydaygourmet

Nov 15, 2004
Visit site
jitterbuzz said:
I usually play Pink Martini, Portishead, Frou Frou, Bjork, Gotan Project, Thievery Corporation, Dj kicks, Miles Davis, Cinematic Orchestra, Coltrane lots of down tempo lounge type stuff. I have a friend who works for miramax composing soundtracks and how music fits into movies and his job is to just listen to music. So he sends me musicians to look into, which everyone seems to love as background music

Is it bad that I've only heard of 1 of these people?

:shock: :lol: :shock:

sighhhhhhhhh......I must be a redneck.

a Redneck Espresso shop owner?....now that's unique!

We play the coffee house CD, bought on ebay. Very nice, easy listening, lots of acoustic guitar.

We are going to set speakers for our outside seating area this summer.

Good Luck

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
cant say what music i prefer, but i can tell you that i dont like loud overpowering music...i go to coffee shops to relax, not to get my blood pumping at the same rate that it would when i go to gym...

i being able to listen to the person next to me, without concentrating soooo hard on reading his lips that i forget about my coffee and end up drinking it when the froth is no longer there and luke warm.