Cimbali m51 vs Schaerer Ambiente etc?

Brisbrew

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping that someone with experience may be kind enough to answer a question or two regarding performance on commercial super autos. I have checked several vendor websites and gleamed some information, but would welcome a practical bit of information from a user if someone would be so kind.

I am looking to purchase a used commercial super auto in the near future that could faithfully service a limited but steady clientele.

Our business is small and rural and is not geared towards high end coffee aficionados, nor high volume. Our base is on par with the average Starbucks or Dunkin donuts customer. We are a walk in shop with no drive through, however we are one block away from the major employers in our area. Like most shops, we service mostly folks on their way to and from work. We do have a 2 group machine, but as my husband and I are owner/proprietors - it is easy to get overwhelmed and lose business during the early am rush.

Most of our espresso clientele is in the mornings and often a large percentage simply do not have the time for a proper pull and will not wait and simply drive over to McDonalds or Starbucks if we are too busy to quickly accommodate them. My desire is that a super auto would add some efficiency and consistency for an hour or two during that short, but critical time. Hiring an additional barrista is not an option. Like clockwork we see the same 60 people every morning, the rush lasts no more than an hour.

I do have a reputable espresso service and repair shop within driving distance - hence my desire to save some money by going with a solid used machine.

I am looking for a machine that is reliable and quick. I have seen used Ambientes and Cimbalis under 4 k and that seems reasonable considering my needs. Could some one compare the two? Or post a website that I could do some diligence on? Any and all suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you for taking the time to read.
Brisbrew

Last edited: