need help with coffee brands to serve at our doughnut shop!

doughnut

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
hey coffee lovers! i am very very new to this forum; me and my partner are opening up a "gourmet" type of doughnut shop here in Georgia.. when i say gourmet, its different then the ones you are used to from major branded shops and branches ie. filled with fruit etc.., i am not asking what brand of coffee you prefer the best from home, i know the answer will vary much. but which brand is well known and gaining popularity with impeccable reputation that we can get from a vendor and serve at our shop.. we must be able to serve it from our shop. I want the taste to be preferred by most, and brand recognized by all. I drink home brewed coffee aka folgers, maxwell. so i am not too coffee savvy. so my question is basically: what brand name coffee have you tried at a coffee shop, doughnut shop, bakery and it was awesome? what recommendations can you guys give me? any and all help is appreciated!! thanks people!

prairieguy

Sep 11, 2012
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Hey, welcome to the forums. I have to say that if you are opening a gourmet donut biz, I think your coffee should be equally gourmet. The best thing to do is meet with a local roaster and see what they can do for you. Having something specifically roasted for you can help set your shop apart from others. Remember, the first thing people put in their mouth is coffee, give them the first impression you deserve! GO be adventurous and try a few coffees from various roasters.

doughnut

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
awesome responses!

i am going to consider a local roaster now, i actually did not know there was a special market for this!! i was going to just supply coffee from a supplier and it would have been so bland.. thank you so much for this idea guys:-o.. this will definitely set us apart and our customers will have their niche choices of coffee they might not get anywhere else!

tracied

Oct 8, 2012
Virginia
Visit site
Hi Doughnut. I actually have a healthy gourmet coffee that I think would be a great idea for your shop. If you like I can send you some samples to try. Let me know and congrats on your new venture. :)

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Naw, organo isn't slang for organic. Rather its a product being touted an a healthy coffee/additive that is being purchased by folks hoping to start a business by reselling on-line. I'm pretty sure the purchase of only $50 worth of product is required to resell, so we are seeing many folks buying in and then coming around touting it as the next big thing.