Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

anybody used to drink folgers instant?

This is a discussion on anybody used to drink folgers instant? within the Coffee Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; When I was starting to drink coffee regularly the whole instant scene was starting to fade. I have tried it a few times just to ...

When I was starting to drink coffee regularly the whole instant scene was starting to fade. I have tried it a few times just to see what it tasted like and while I didn't enjoy the taste (at all hah) I did notice it as providing quite a pick me up.

2. # ADS

Hah! I was just telling someone about this.

I'm originally from Mexico, and Folger's could only be had on rare occasions that we had a little extra cash and were able to go to the import store. On a daily basis however, we had Nescafe instant.
    Now the smells, like so many moments of melancholy, are accompanied by memories of my grandfather sneaking me a taste.

Anyway, I hate the stuff... hehehh, i'll sometimes cook with it, but I don't dare "drink-it
    per se

Quote Originally Posted by idrinkcoffee2011 View Post
    anybody used to drink folgers instant here? they used to have a really powerful rush that powers you through the whole day. but then they really messed up and their instant started tasting like chemical poison.

and brewed just couldn't compared, i tried dunkin donut brewed and it just felt lacking by far. i have tried different instants to brewed ones, from european to american. there just nothing like the powerful rush folgers instant used to have.

i heard people talked about many cups of brewed throughout the day. you didn't need to do that with folgers instant. about 4tsp got me through the whole day.

anybody in the same boat here?

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    That is true... Once you have had an excellent coffee, everything else just seems... Meh... But before then, any ol cup of joe would do.

I remember thinking that McDonalds coffee was palatable... *shudder*... I've been ruined for life for most coffee that comes from a large chain.. They just don't put the effort into it, and because it's for mass sale, it obviously can't have the same quality as fresh brewed from a smaller cafe.

Now wait one cotton picking minute - Don't trash my McDonald's coffee (friendly fire)

I pretty much agree with the post in this thread. However, when you are on the road and you have a taste for coffee; I have yet to find some chain that can compete with McDonalds coffee.

I have heard that Dunkin Donuts serves up a mean cup of Joe but when I am on the road and want a good cup of coffee, I have been reluctant to try Dunkin Donuts. Perhaps I will in the near future just to find out if they are a good backup.

I used the drink it alot because my parents didn't have a machine and they ONLY drank folgers instant. So i grew up drinking it too. About 4 years ago i decided to buy a drip machine and some ground community coffee. After that first cup, i thought the instant was worse than poison. I more than likely will never drink it again.

Quote Originally Posted by callmecow View Post
    I used the drink it alot because my parents didn't have a machine and they ONLY drank folgers instant. So i grew up drinking it too. About 4 years ago i decided to buy a drip machine and some ground community coffee. After that first cup, i thought the instant was worse than poison. I more than likely will never drink it again.
    but does the brew produce buzz as powerful as what folgers instant was.

i experimented with strainer brewing and found not all brew brands were the same, some obviously better buzz than others. same goes for instants.

Super Moderator
    It sounds like you're drinking coffee just for the "buzz" rather than the taste.

Lots of places sell coffee that has extra caffeine in it. Maybe you should explore that option.

Rose

Maybe you are developing a resistance to caffeine... When I was younger coffee was a powerful tool that could keep me alert and awake. Now, heck I can drink a pot of coffee then take a nap.
    Instant is okay... It's quick, easy, and tastes like coffee, but it always has kind of a twang to it. It will definitely go stale. The stuff that has been sitting in the cupboard for a month or two is worse then when it was first opened.
    It's also pretty easy to make a more concentrated cup of instant coffee. If you mix it 1:1 with water it makes a nice wood stain that also works for giving fresh white plastic a vintage look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads