Coffee Shop in Austin,Texas and Seattle

rjj569

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys :exclamation:,

This is my first post! Oh yeah! Alright, straight to the business. Do y'all know the some of the best coffee shop in Austin,Tx and Seattle?
I've been in Austin for couple of years and still hunting down the best one. Seattle is just my next stop.
As far as I've explored, Cafe Medici is still my best so far. Hope y'all can share and have a great day!

Regards,
Rjj

mholguin

Apr 1, 2014
New Mexico
Visit site
First of all Austin is a great city, great choice! I've been there several times and really enjoy the coffee scene.

Austin Java has great coffee and roast their beans down the street from the Barton Springs location.
Halcyon downtown has a great environment and awesome coffee.

Good luck with your search!

rcsharpless

Mar 22, 2014
Austin, TX
Visit site
Welcome to Austin!

I am an Austinite myself, and am very grateful for all the quality shops and roasters that we have around us.

Yes, Medici is one of the most established quality-oriented shops (especially the Clarksville and Downtown locations... the location on the Drag can be a little chaotic at times). Medici serves Cuvee coffee, (in my opinion) one of the beat roasters in the southwest; they are doing some real pioneering in the coffee industry. Cuvee, along with other roasters such as Progress Coffee, and Third Coast, are really making Austin an exciting place for artisan coffee.

Houndstooth is another great shop... located up on North Lamar by TacoDeli and another location Downtown (a block or two away from Medici's location, in fact). Their people really know what they are doing, and they cycle through guest roasters, which can be really fun.

Once Over Coffee down on S. 1st street does a really great job too! And their actual space is probably the coolest out of all of these. The last time I checked, they were serving Cuvee's darker roasts and espresso blends.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you find any others that are great!

Latest posts