would love some reviews

ModestCoffee

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, I am not sure if this is appropriate or not so moderators please feel free to correct me if I am out of line or if I should post this somewhere else. I have been lurking for a while, but don't know all the ins and outs yet! :)

Anyways, my wife and I recently started a coffee roastery with the intention of pushing high quality, single origin coffee beans, roasted and shipped to order. Besides using ethically sourced specialty grade coffee, we are one of the least expensive places to purchase coffee online. I won't tell you the website unless the moderators approve but my questions are, if I offered a bunch of 4oz samplers to say 10 people with a minimum of 25 posts, would anyone be interested in trying our coffee and letting us know what you think?

I did post something over in the deals section, but wanted to float this idea out here as well. We are new and small, so trying to get the word out :)

If anyone has any questions on our beans, the roasting process, or starting a business please feel free to ask. Thanks!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I would try your coffee. I am always up to trying new coffee. What roaster did you go with? What size and where are you located? Do you sell only on your website or do you have a store front? Welcome to the forum. There are loads of great people on here with boat loads of experience!

ModestCoffee

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Cool, if you want to PM me your address I will send you a sample today. We did the Ambex YM-5 roaster and we have a warehouse in West Chicago, IL. For right now we sell on the website only, would you mind if I put the link here? I am really excited about getting the word out to other fellow coffee enthusiasts. This forum seems to have some really savvy people!

I love coffee too and try and be helpful, so hopefully I can contribute here too :)

edit: I forgot to ask what region and roast level you prefer. thanks again!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I like light to medium roast. I will pm you my addy. I used to work(for a very short time) in Streamwood IL...worst experience in my life! I love the Ambex 5 kilos! I was one of the first people to buy one almost 20 years ago. I am on a Ambex 60k now and loving it. Look forward to tasting your coffee.

ModestCoffee

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I like light to medium roast. I will pm you my addy. I used to work(for a very short time) in Streamwood IL...worst experience in my life! I love the Ambex 5 kilos! I was one of the first people to buy one almost 20 years ago. I am on a Ambex 60k now and loving it. Look forward to tasting your coffee.

Well I just sent you one of each, you should them in a couple of days. The Modest and The Collector are my lighter roasts. The Modest was taken to City, and the Collector to City+. Let me know what you think. Thanks for trying!

SuperRoast

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello Modest,

We didn't have you in our roaster directory, but will add you now!

We would love to feature you on our roaster blog. I will send you a PM to follow-up.

Thanks!

Latest posts