New brands

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Do you have any local coffee roasters where you live?

Many of the members of this forum will recommend that you stop trying to find a decent store brand and just buy your coffee from a local roaster instead.

The roasting quality and freshness of Starbucks coffee is questionable. If you do a search on this Forum you will discover that it's been addressed ad nausiam. (basically to the point where we're sick of discussing it).

Rose

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any local coffee roasters where you live?

Many of the members of this forum will recommend that you stop trying to find a decent store brand and just buy your coffee from a local roaster instead.

The roasting quality and freshness of Starbucks coffee is questionable. If you do a search on this Forum you will discover that it's been addressed ad nausiam. (basically to the point where we're sick of discussing it).

Rose

Exactly! If you tell where you live, we will hunt you down and force you to drink good coffee :coffee:. I live in Southern California, so there are a lot of choices when it comes to fresh roasted coffee. My favorite local roaster is Polly's Gourmet Coffee in Long Beach. Mike Sheldrake has been roasting coffee since the 1970's, and has a vintage Probat roaster on site. If you are anywhere near Long Beach, put this on your bucket list!

Welcome to the forums!

StarbuckOverCosta

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Ah I am actually in the UK so a loooooong way from Longbeach! Although I do plan to visit California in the near future so I will add this to my list of places to visit!! :)

Anyone else from the UK?

:)

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Very cool...Polly's is actually in Belmont Shore section of LB, a touristy place with a lot of shops and restaurants. Of course there are many other areas in SoCal to visit that will have good coffee shops to visit. When you decide on an itinerary, hit us up again for suggestions. If you put Santa Barbara on your list, then Santa Barbara Roasting Company is a definite winner!

StarbuckOverCosta

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Soooo, for anyone thats interested ive been doing a bit of research and found this subscription review site which reviews quite a few subscription coffees available to me in the UK. Ive placed an order for Kopi, Brown Bear, Pact and the coffee roasters so should be getting a delivery soon! I've ordered quite a selection so will be back with a write up for each soon! :)

Found some great offers too, got my first Pact order for just £1, offer found here, free trial bag of Kopi found here, 10% off brown bear found here, I couldnt find any offer for the coffee roasters but decided to get them a try anyway! Got a shed load of coffee coming that has worked out cheaper than my usual i get from the supermarket AND hopefully it should be better tasting too! :)

:coffee: