Pact?

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Typically, the store bought brands lack the freshness the members of this forum require. Products in supermarkets travel from the vendor's roasting plant usually to a distribution warehouse where pallets of product will sit until ordered by the store. Now I'm not sure if this is true with coffee. Not too long ago, supermarkets experimented with bulk roasted coffee in bins, but the open air concept caused too much loss as staling occurs at a rapid rate. There may be a company that merchandises coffee directly to the supermarkets to avoid the prolonged holding at distribution centers. In any event....you are much better off to seek out a local company that roasts. This could be a coffee house which does it's own roasting, or has a local roaster supply them with fresh roasted whole beans that are dated so the consumer can know they are buying fresh roasted beans. You can also purchase online from many roasters...isn't the internet remarkable??

StarbuckOverCosta

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for explaining, thats very interesting! seems like i have a lot to learn! :) are you from the UK? have you ordered from any online roasters? thanks

:)

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes...from Cali...SoCal, since it's such a big state. Yes I have ordered online before, but only to get what isn't found locally, and there is a lot in the local market...so rarely order online. There is a roaster in Ireland that posted here recently. You might want to give them a go...

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Does this ExPat member have a website/brand I can check somewhere? Cant seem to find anything about how to order etc. :)

Expat hasn't visited the Coffee Forum in a couple of weeks. He's a roaster in Ireland, and he visits the Forum when he has the time. One quick way to contact ExPat is to send him a private message through this forum. He'll receive an alert in his personal E-mail that tells him that a message is waiting for him.

http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/users/expat/

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to you too Steenway for the kind words. I hope you don't buy so much bulk that by the time you get to the tail end of your supply, the quality has been noticeably degraded.

StarbuckOverCosta

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Expat hasn't visited the Coffee Forum in a couple of weeks. He's a roaster in Ireland, and he visits the Forum when he has the time. One quick way to contact ExPat is to send him a private message through this forum. He'll receive an alert in his personal E-mail that tells him that a message is waiting for him.

http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/users/expat/

:star: You're a star! I've messaged! :)