Do You Love Coffee? Our Tips Can Help

kristinacampbell

May 22, 2015
Visit site

Sorry,I copied this post form a PLR website,there are many mistakes, who can remove it ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beans are a critical element to creating the best cup of coffee. There are a wide variety of different coffee beans, each producing its own flavor and strength. If you don't know anything about coffee, and you wish to learn more, read the article below.

Many things can go in the freezer to help them last a long time, but remember that coffee should only stay there for three months or less. If it stays there longer, the quality will go down.

When you store roasted, whole coffee beans, store them in an airtight container. Make sure that the container is a dark color and not clear. Then keep it in a dry and cool place. Use a root cellar if you have one. If that is not possible, they can be stored in the refrigerator for as long as two weeks.

Do you like milk in coffee? Milk can be combined with coffee in many different ways. While some people prefer using cold milk, warming of the milk or using a frother can give a different texture. Varying the amount of milk you put in your coffee can quickly change the flavor.

When you have finished brewing your coffee make sure to remove the pot from the coffee machine. If you leave it on it cooks the coffee and ruins the taste. If you are not going to drink it all before it hits room temperature, put it into something insulated that retains the warmth.

To maximize the benefit of coffee that you purchase in bulk, you should protect the coffee beans. Coffee beans will absorb flavors. They will also lose their own flavors over time, especially when exposed to heat or light. Keep your coffee beans in an opaque, air-tight container.

Don't grind whole coffee beans until you're about to brew your coffee. Coffee begins to suffer flavor loss once it is ground. By only grinding enough for a pot of coffee, you will ensure freshness and the correct strength.

Make sure you drink your coffee in moderation. Drinking too much coffee can cause dehydration. For every cup of coffee that you have, you should have two glasses of water. More than a cup of coffee without also having water will dehydrate you.

Choose a coffee machine that does several things. This small appliance can do more than make your coffee. A programmable machine is great for early risers. You won't have to make it in the morning. And, you will enjoy your coffee so much more when you don't have to make it while you're groggy.

To help you rest peacefully, do not drink coffee after 3 pm. While coffee tastes great and is a great start to your day, the caffeine contained in coffee can keep you awake long past your regular bedtime. Try to avoid coffee after 3 p.m.

Never store ground coffee or coffee beans in your fridge. Some people think that a dark and cold environment helps preserve their coffee. In truth, your coffee absorbs local flavors and scents from the other foods on the shelves.

If you cannot find the types of coffee you want in a local grocery, perhaps you should look somewhere else. You are probably getting coffee that is not very fresh. By going to a coffee shop, you will be able to get fresher beans.

Use clean and fresh water when brewing your coffee. You will get a better cup of coffee if you use good water. Test out the water first to ascertain it is acceptable before you start brewing.

When brewing coffee, it's important to know all the different kinds of coffee grounds to use for the kind of coffee you're brewing. Espresso is made with fine ground coffee and regular coffee is made with medium grounds. You should use course beans whenever making use of a French Press. Therefore, it's important to use the correct grind.

Do not reheat leftover coffee. It isn't harmful, but it tastes nasty. Within 30 minutes of making coffee, the compounds start breaking down. It commonly becomes bitter and overly strong.

One problem with iced coffee is that the melting ice dilutes the coffee over time. Make ice cubes out of leftover coffee, and use them in iced coffee to keep it tasting good. Coffee-flavored ice cubes will actually make the flavor more intense.

Seal your coffee to keep it fresh. Oxygen exposure can ruin the taste of coffee. It may make it seem stale and old. To retain the fresh taste, keep the coffee in the sealed container that will prevent oxygen from getting in.

Now that you're a little more coffee-wise, go forth and get thyself some caffeine. There can be no coffee without the beans, so keep that in mind when choosing your next coffee bean. This article will teach you to brew a more enjoyable cup of coffee.

Last edited:

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
When you store roasted, whole coffee beans, store them in an airtight container. Make sure that the container is a dark color and not clear. Then keep it in a dry and cool place. Use a root cellar if you have one. If that is not possible, they can be stored in the refrigerator for as long as two weeks.

Never store ground coffee or coffee beans in your fridge. Some people think that a dark and cold environment helps preserve their coffee. In truth, your coffee absorbs local flavors and scents from the other foods on the shelves.

Seems to be a contradiction...

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't grind whole coffee beans until you're about to brew your coffee. Coffee begins to suffer flavor loss once it is ground. By only grinding enough for a pot of coffee, you will ensure freshness and the correct strength.

Choose a coffee machine that does several things. This small appliance can do more than make your coffee. A programmable machine is great for early risers. You won't have to make it in the morning. And, you will enjoy your coffee so much more when you don't have to make it while you're groggy.

This is really a good post KC, so I really feel bad about posting this; however, it's quite a glaring inconsitency to make the tremendously important point that the only way to enjoy coffee is by grinding only the amount of beans needed AT THE TIME OF BREWING, and then recommend a brewer that either requires the user to pregrind beans and let the grounds sit in a brew basket overnight so that they don't have to be troubled with making coffee while drowsy, or a brewer that will grind your whole bean on program, but yet you still leave your whole beans in a hopper to stale quickly. There is no sacrifice too great for good coffee, and getting out of bed in the morning to make coffee is more of a privilege, imho, than a chore...just sayin'. By the way, welcome to the forums, I look forward to more posts! I feel much better now for having vented...hahaha!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
hello KC.
Don't worry about it. you are a new member and it happens a lot when you are new to coffee business.
Even for me, I got some pretty good amount of "beans" under my profile (but not as many as P.Rose :+) but when I started, just a year and a half ago (PeterJSchmidt complains a lot that I am using up too much forum space....just kidding :+), I also did same thing.

I used to post something that I had no idea what I was posting about.
and some of the members pointed it out immediately and I had to study harder to know more thoroughly what I was doing.

I guess that in a way, that is what this forum is all about. Learning about coffee, by your own mistakes, or by other's inputs.
But how much and how deep you want to learn is ALL UP TO YOU.

Even now, whenever I do something wrong or give us some info which is not 100% correct, i am forced to do deeper research (either via internet, or coffee friends or even asking directly to coffee exporters, farms and coffee organizations) and share the info with our members.

I truly believe that is absolutely great to improve yourself in coffee industry.

So, Kristina, if I were you, I will research or ask more questions to us to make it sure that what you are posting is as correct as possible.
I am in coffee business, in fact, I have a coffee exporting company in Guatemala, however, I live in LA and now it is the SLOWEST COFFEE SALES SEASON, so I have a lot of time to study and research... if you need some help, just pm me or post them. I will study with you.

thanks and keep it coming.. have a great Sunday.
PS: Hope Roger Federer wins today. # 18 would be awesome.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Sorry,I copied this post form a PLR website,who can remove it ?

I'm pretty sure you can remove your own post. Other members do it from time to time.

Please give it a try.

Go to your original post where you started this thread.
Click on the box that says "Edit post" (and "Go Advanced) then you should see a delete button. If you see the delete button, then you can delete the post and all of the posts that follow it in the thread will be deleted too.

If you aren't able to delete it yourself, just let me know and I'll delete it for you.

Rose

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
It would be better to edit out what you believe to be false, or ask Rose if she can remove the whole thread; if you delete the post, it won't make sense what the rest of the discussion is about. And, it's not like there aren't any valid points there.

kristinacampbell

May 22, 2015
Visit site
hello KC.
Don't worry about it. you are a new member and it happens a lot when you are new to coffee business.
Even for me, I got some pretty good amount of "beans" under my profile (but not as many as P.Rose :+) but when I started, just a year and a half ago (PeterJSchmidt complains a lot that I am using up too much forum space....just kidding :+), I also did same thing.

I used to post something that I had no idea what I was posting about.
and some of the members pointed it out immediately and I had to study harder to know more thoroughly what I was doing.

I guess that in a way, that is what this forum is all about. Learning about coffee, by your own mistakes, or by other's inputs.
But how much and how deep you want to learn is ALL UP TO YOU.

Even now, whenever I do something wrong or give us some info which is not 100% correct, i am forced to do deeper research (either via internet, or coffee friends or even asking directly to coffee exporters, farms and coffee organizations) and share the info with our members.

I truly believe that is absolutely great to improve yourself in coffee industry.

So, Kristina, if I were you, I will research or ask more questions to us to make it sure that what you are posting is as correct as possible.
I am in coffee business, in fact, I have a coffee exporting company in Guatemala, however, I live in LA and now it is the SLOWEST COFFEE SALES SEASON, so I have a lot of time to study and research... if you need some help, just pm me or post them. I will study with you.

thanks and keep it coming.. have a great Sunday.
PS: Hope Roger Federer wins today. # 18 would be awesome.

Thank you for your reply. I promise I'll make it up.I'll study harder to know more knowledge about coffee.

Kristina

Last edited:

kristinacampbell

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can remove your own post. Other members do it from time to time.

Please give it a try.

Go to your original post where you started this thread.
Click on the box that says "Edit post" (and "Go Advanced) then you should see a delete button. If you see the delete button, then you can delete the post and all of the posts that follow it in the thread will be deleted too.

If you aren't able to delete it yourself, just let me know and I'll delete it for you.

Rose

Please do not delete this post.I will modify it.

Thank you.

Kristina