BANNED COFFEE - The WORLD'S STRONGEST COFFEE

SpeedyGal

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
As a gift, I just got a brand of coffee called "Banned Coffee" from Amazon. It says it is the world's strongest coffee.

I haven't opened it yet because I want to compare it to deathwish when it arrives -- I just ordered deathwish coffee to try it at the same time. That's actually how I found this forum, when I was looking to see if there are other world's-strongest-coffees and comparisons between the two. I dont see any posts on Banned-Cofee though.

I read the posts about Deathwish, but has anybody tried BANNED COFFEE ? Should I low-dose it when I start out or is it Hype?

The packaging is great to the point I almost don't want to open it and just leave it on my counter. It has so far ellicited several funny comments from guests to my place.

These are the Amazon photos:

81VoAtCfxyL._SY679_.jpg
81I843AyGBL._SY679_.jpg

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? Banned by who? They are either inviting an FDA inquiry or they realistically don't care if people die drinking their coffee...neither of which sounds legit. If it's a caffeine buzz you want, use NoDoz. At least you'll be able to monitor the caffeine intake so that you aren't trimming decades off you life, lol! I get it though, some people equate good coffee with "strong" coffee...though I have yet to hear any legitimate source describing their coffee as "strong" and expecting to be taken seriously...just sayin'. You can go get a NOS energy drink and get four times the caffeine in the average cup of coffee, and they haven't been banned; although I did have a firefighter say that the two times he's responded to a crisis at a youth sporting event due to the effects of an energy drink overload, it involved NOS. So maybe they should call themselves "BANNED", huh? Seriiously...JP Barnum would be proud...he's been quoted as saying "you can't go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public"...not that I concur, just sayin'!

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Coffee is so much more than a caffeine delivery system. Granted, if it were not for the caffeine I may not imbibe, but it's almost an affront to a true coffee lover to see garbage like this.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
It sounds like a gimmick that's more like a conversational piece than a useful bag of coffee. At $20 a pound, it's probably something that's fun to give as a gift, but drinking it is another story.

SpeedyGal

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Mr Peaberry, it's not actually Banned, or they wouldn't be able to sell it on Amazon. It's just the name. In person, it does actually look like something illegal that you shouldn't have, but that is what makes it so novel IMO. It creates conversation from people that see it when they come over. Always good for a laugh.

It's very clear that it's a fun gift type product when you read the back label though. I got it as a gift myself.

I can't comment on the taste since I haven't opened it yet. I will provide feedback when I get the DW coffee today (or so Amazon says... come on 8pm.)

SpeedyGal

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
It sounds like a gimmick that's more like a conversational piece than a useful bag of coffee. At $20 a pound, it's probably something that's fun to give as a gift, but drinking it is another story.

Yeah I thnk you are right. If it tastes bad, I will close it back up and use it as decoration around my coffee maker. :)

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Mr Peaberry, it's not actually Banned, or they wouldn't be able to sell it on Amazon. It's just the name. In person, it does actually look like something illegal that you shouldn't have, but that is what makes it so novel IMO. It creates conversation from people that see it when they come over. Always good for a laugh.

It's very clear that it's a fun gift type product when you read the back label though. I got it as a gift myself.

I can't comment on the taste since I haven't opened it yet. I will provide feedback when I get the DW coffee today (or so Amazon says... come on 8pm.)

I suppose even coffee drinkers have a sense of humor...except for Mr. Peaberry of course! I can't imagine anyone putting out a bag of coffee as a gag gift without some expectation of getting people to reorder, otherwise the difficult tasks of procuring, roasting, and marketing a consumable product such as coffee doesn't get any easier. I am very curious to hear your evaluation.

SpeedyGal

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I am very curious to hear your evaluation.

The other coffee arrived! But based on these being the world's strongest coffees, I don't want to drink either right now or I am guessing I wont sleep tonight.

So I will try them in the morning and report back.

This quote from the back of the Banned Coffee bag has me in stitches:

"2 Cups of Banned Coffee - 'The room is spinning as if you have been kicked in the head by a giant donkey on blue meth!' "

Of course there HAD to be a reference to Breaking Bad.

The Death Wish bag doesn't have anything really funny on it. Surprising since the whole Idea here is to be gimicky.
Banned Coffee has a sticker, DW is printed on the bag. One looks scary, while the other looks like a very illegal bag of drugs. :)

More tomorrow.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
So it might replace my beer I say...if I am not in mood to have a beer but wanna do a hangover, Banned Coffee might be the solution

Why would anyone want to "do a hangover" ????

The high caffeine coffee could give a person a whopping headache. That is, if a person could actually drink it without needing to spitting it out.

SpeedyGal

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
So this morning I have opened both bags. I realize smell and taste is subjective. I can say for a fact that myself and my roommate both like the smell of Banned Coffee much more than that of Deathwish. It just smells like a better coffee. Take that with a grain of salt, since we are by no means coffee experts. But if I had to explain it, Banned Coffee just smells more 'expensive.'

Because of that, we decided to start with Banned Coffee for our first drink. As I write this, I am halfway through my first LARGE cup. The dosing instructions are 1 to 2.5 Tbs of grounds per cup of coffee, so I used 2 Tbs.

The taste is VERY good compared to the other coffees I have here. Maybe I was expecting it to taste terrible because of the caffeine levels, but no... it's very nice. And it matches up to what all the reviews say on Amazon.

I could be paranoid, but I DO feel a lot more caffeinated than I normally would. But I am expecting that to be the case, so not sure if its my mind (Placebo) or the coffee. HAHA!

So that's about it for now. I'll try Deathwish later and post results. I'd love to hear the feedback of anybody else who has done this. I am assuming I am not the only one on this forum to do it.

I should preface this all by saying I dont drink my coffee black. I do add creamer, so that will alter the taste substantially. But creamer can only mask a bad coffee so much, and Banned coffee so far is better than I was expecting after reading some of the posts in the forum about deathwish.