Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffyjr View Post
    I kind of agree with Alex, it should be defined a little better and not used so loosely but I understand marketing and they way Musicphan explains it will help and makes sense from what I have seen on descriptions.
    To me, SOC has always been associated with "GOOD COFFEE" NO, maybe better than Just GOOD COFFEE, perhaps Very good coffee, and not only it is very good, but also unique and special in terms of coffee flavor which "represents" a specific farm or at least a small coop that works with very small and particular region (with micro climate & distinctive soil only for that area).

As Musicphan said the SOC term is being used TOO LOOSE.

if coffee is from a farm located at 500 m.a.s.l and produces 'prime beans' (very soft and lower grade beans that can not even be used alone and they must be blended with others to be sold), can it be called as SOC?

also, if you can define SOC for a region (a region can be like 'Acatenango' or Huehuetenango) where very different types of beans are being produced with very different flavors, how can it be called SOC? I am sure that no one can trace the anything, not to mention the transparency and traceability of the beans. How can someone call this SOC?

to me, it just does not make sense. (for marketing purpose, yes, of course, it makes perfect sense because most of coffee companies treat the consumers as ignorant & uneducated customers who tend to believe whatever is being advertised in front of them).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCoffeeGeek View Post
    I'm Obsessed with Kona and Costa Rican.
    I would love to know your reasons..... that would be very interesting to hear. thanks. GCG

We vacuum seal 25 gram + 50 gram + 100 gram + 200 gram packs for customers. We are finding the 25 gram pre-ground sells the best. Opened within 3-4 months it taste very fresh. We vacuum pack within 60 min of roasting and were using a Vacmaster VP215 which sucks out 99% of the air and there is no room for the gas to process through the bean. I know many people think vacuum does not work but after 2+ months the beans smell freshly roasted and pop with flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Most of coffee that sells in Amazon isn't freshly roasted. Stay Away, please.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by forestcall View Post
    We vacuum seal 25 gram + 50 gram + 100 gram + 200 gram packs for customers. We are finding the 25 gram pre-ground sells the best. Opened within 3-4 months it taste very fresh. We vacuum pack within 60 min of roasting and were using a Vacmaster VP215 which sucks out 99% of the air and there is no room for the gas to process through the bean. I know many people think vacuum does not work but after 2+ months the beans smell freshly roasted and pop with flavor.
    how do you sell 25 grams of pre-ground coffee? I mean.. isn't that just too small? maybe makes one or two cups?
    just curious, also how much do you sell this at? and if you have a photo of your vacuum packed pre-ground coffee, can you post some?

I am bit interested to see how it is being packaged and sold.
    thanks Matt.

Kenyan coffee... and it's amazing

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links