Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Yesterday i surprisedly found a new package of the dark roasted Kenya AA in coffee shop where i am working for ....I brewed it by V60 but it had very terrible taste, no any acidities or fruity favors, either me or my coworker were willing to sip it again ... .i could not understand why our owner wants to purchase Kenya AA with dark roasted level...who are the hell going to order that one.
    However next time i am going to ask our coffee bean supplier is it really Kenya AA ,why does it roasted by dark level...
    Has anyone heard of Kenya AA roasted by dark level?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackQi View Post
    Has anyone heard of Kenya AA roasted by dark level?
    yes, I have. what is your question?

Hi,I am just curious about why roaster roasts Kenyan AA by dark level , what taste or flavor do they want it has? Is dark level roasted Kenya AA good for pour-over coffee?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackQi View Post
    Hi,I am just curious about why roaster roasts Kenyan AA by dark level , what taste or flavor do they want it has? Is dark level roasted Kenya AA good for pour-over coffee?
    first of all, I would like to ask you "how dark is the dark you are talking about?" is it "burnt dark" which kills all the flavors in the bean? or "espresso-dark" to bring out the heavier body?...etc

Generally speaking, great Kenya is grown at elevation higher than 6000 feet (that is about 1000 higher than Guatemala) and Kenya AA is considered to be one of the best coffee in the world. (personally, Ethiopian and Kenyan are my top two picks, all time). Since the coffee grows such a high elevation, the beans grow very slowly which result most balanced and complex flavors. Very powerful "wine" toned acidity with sweet fruit notes. The body is normally "medium" (but it helps to roast slightly darker to make it bit "heavier" body). Since IT is very balanced and complex, many cuppers use a word such as "Nuances". (this Nuances will be gone if you roast darker).

by the way, just to answer your question, "dark" roast (any types of dark roast) is not suitable for "pour-over". it needs to be "light-medium" to taste all the "nuances" that experts are talking....

if that certain roaster roasted Kenya AA "dark roast", perhaps "espresso blend" might have been in his mind....

Gracias por ayudarme...
    Thank you for sharing your view with me.
    Let me double check with our coffee bean supplier and figure out what exactly this specialty coffee bean is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links