Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have worked in IT industry, sometimes I need to stay a long time in my firm. When i feel more tired just taking one sip of coffee. It makes me more fresh and feel and give an energy to work in a fresh mind setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirnalini View Post
    I have worked in IT industry, sometimes I need to stay a long time in my firm. When i feel more tired just taking one sip of coffee. It makes me more fresh and feel and give an energy to work in a fresh mind setup.
    Yep! I love to mention there is scientific evidence that coffee can improve mental clarity! Usually by my 3rd cup of coffee I'm like move over Albert! LOL
    "There's coffee in that nebula."- Katherine Janeway

Yuban is one of those Walmart specials and it's OK if you have to go cheap.

Who remembers 8 o'clock coffee maybe 15 years ago? Had a wonderful aroma when you opened the bag or brewed a cup. The aroma carried through to the taste buds as well. Now it has no aroma and taste like every other shoe leather brand on the shelf. Sad, I would love some of the old 8 o'clock. If someone knows what I'm talking about, give me a recommendation to a similar coffee.
    Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jshack View Post
    Who remembers 8 o'clock coffee maybe 15 years ago? Had a wonderful aroma when you opened the bag or brewed a cup. The aroma carried through to the taste buds as well. Now it has no aroma and taste like every other shoe leather brand on the shelf. Sad, I would love some of the old 8 o'clock. If someone knows what I'm talking about, give me a recommendation to a similar coffee.
    Thanks
    Yes, I remember the 8 o'clock coffee... are they still around???
    anyway, if I would buy grocery store coffee brand, I would buy "Kenya blend" coffee from Trader Joe's.
    Among most of grocery brands, I find that most "drinkable".

Eight O'Clock Coffee-trader-joes-kenya-aa-coffee.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jshack View Post
    Thanks
    I haven't tried 8 o'clock lately besides in a K-cup but I feel the same way about Dunkin' Donuts, 15 years ago I remember it being being very good but the last bag of whole bean I bought a couple years ago I couldn't even finish the bag.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffyjr View Post
    I haven't tried 8 o'clock lately besides in a K-cup but I feel the same way about Dunkin' Donuts, 15 years ago I remember it being being very good but the last bag of whole bean I bought a couple years ago I couldn't even finish the bag.
    so, the quality of the beans (8 o'clock or Dunkin'Donuts) changed for worse? or our tastes in coffee changed for better? or both?

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    so, the quality of the beans (8 o'clock or Dunkin'Donuts) changed for worse? or our tastes in coffee changed for better? or both?
    Actually Dunkin' Donuts was the first coffee I had that I really liked the taste of, before that I drank coffee just as a tool to get going in the morning. I had it at one of their cafe's when I was out of town and liked it so much I bought a bag of whole bean, that is also when I started grinding my own beans on a regular basis. After that I could only get it at the grocery store and noticed right away it was not the same but still better than anything else available.

So to answer your question I would say both, I'd like to think my taste buds have graduated to the next level.

Ensoluna, I think the roasting process changed. Even the instant coffee had the aroma and taste of the ground coffee. You could open a bag in the house anywhere and know it was 8 oclock.

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Yes, I remember the 8 o'clock coffee... are they still around???
    anyway, if I would buy grocery store coffee brand, I would buy "Kenya blend" coffee from Trader Joe's.
    Among most of grocery brands, I find that most "drinkable".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trader-joes-kenya-aa-coffee.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	235.9 KB 
ID:	9040
    Agreed Trader Joes always has good whole bean choices not overly roasted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links