Looking for the best coffee maker? Check out this list.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
I would have guessed that Technivorm would have been at or near the top of any list.
Bonavita is pretty good too. SCAA approved.....are any of the others SCAA approved ?

QueenBeeCoffeeCo

Apr 22, 2014
McDonough, GA
Visit site
I would have to agree that I am surprised the Technivorm was not on the list. I have one on my kitchen counter in my house and it has served us well for 5 years so far. It has shared counter space with the newer Behmor brewers which are pretty nice in their own ways too. Especially the Connected model if you're a techno geek....

Micah

sophiadner

Nov 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Visit site
I love making coffee at home. One of the best ways to make a quality cup of coffee is to use a Keurig machine.

For me, the best Keurig model definitely has to be the Keurig K250. This model has the best blend of high-quality Keurig features and added value. Without spending too much, you’ll be able to create a wide variety of coffee beverages in a reliable machine that is likely to last you for many years to come.

Read more : Choosing The Best Keurig Coffee Maker

Largefarva

Dec 26, 2017
Spring Grove, IL
Visit site
I have the Behmor connected coffee maker, and love it. I finally got a good coffee maker after living my whole life with inferior coffee makers like Mr. Coffee and the sort. Now I know what a good cup of coffee should taste like. I originally wanted the Technivorm, but the budget wouldn’t allow. I’ve discovered that I actually prefer the Behmor after all because you can program it to presoak the grounds for freshly roasted coffee which you can’t do with the Technivorm. With as much as I have on my plate I can appreciate having devices that make things a little less “hands on” where I can get them.

Also, don’t forget the value of a good grinder. I’ve had a cheap Krupps burr grinder up until a week ago when I bought a Baratza Encore. All I can say is that it definitely makes a difference. And this is with an entry level grinder. I can only imagine what the higher end grinders can do.

Largefarva

Dec 26, 2017
Spring Grove, IL
Visit site
Spring Grove is pretty quiet as you can imagine. There isn’t a coffee scene that I know of here, but there is a company called Coffee Masters that roasts and sells wholesale here. I haven’t had any coffee from there that I know of anyway.

We discovered a local place that roasts their own coffees weekly in Crystal Lake called Conscious Cup that I have bought a couple of different whole bean coffee from, and have discovered that freshly roasted coffee is definitely the way to go. I didn’t realize how big of a difference it makes having coffee being roasted within the past few days. It’s amazing.

i don’t think I’ve ever had McDonald’s coffee before...people say it’s good so I’ll just take their word for it. Starbucks on the other hand? Yuck....that stuff is only good if you like burned coffee or coffee drinks that have a ton of syrup added totaling a 1000 calorie drink. Probably because that’s the only way they can get people to drink that stuff. lol

Edit: I just sat down a few minutes ago with a freshly brewed cup of this stuff that was roasted 4 days ago, and it’s amazing. And I’m sure there’s some really good stuff out there that makes this coffee seem ordinary.

Since I can’t create links yet, it can be found on Conscious Cup’s website under their section of coffees for sale from Papua New Guinea.

I cant wait to try other coffees from them. Soooo good.

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Spring Grove is pretty quiet as you can imagine. There isn’t a coffee scene that I know of here, but there is a company called Coffee Masters that roasts and sells wholesale here. I haven’t had any coffee from there that I know of anyway.

We discovered a local place that roasts their own coffees weekly in Crystal Lake called Conscious Cup that I have bought a couple of different whole bean coffee from, and have discovered that freshly roasted coffee is definitely the way to go. I didn’t realize how big of a difference it makes having coffee being roasted within the past few days. It’s amazing.

i don’t think I’ve ever had McDonald’s coffee before...people say it’s good so I’ll just take their word for it. Starbucks on the other hand? Yuck....that stuff is only good if you like burned coffee or coffee drinks that have a ton of syrup added totaling a 1000 calorie drink. Probably because that’s the only way they can get people to drink that stuff. lol

Edit: I just sat down a few minutes ago with a freshly brewed cup of this stuff that was roasted 4 days ago, and it’s amazing. And I’m sure there’s some really good stuff out there that makes this coffee seem ordinary.

Since I can’t create links yet, it can be found on Conscious Cup’s website under their section of coffees for sale from Papua New Guinea.

I cant wait to try other coffees from them. Soooo good.

The Papua New Guinea coffee appears to be $19.95 for a pound, plus shipping. I would hope that it makes a very good cup of coffee.

Largefarva

Dec 26, 2017
Spring Grove, IL
Visit site
I enjoyed it a lot. I’ll definitely buy more in the future. Funny thing is that I originally wanted to get a bag of the Uganda coffee (which was rated at #26 by coffee review in 2017) but didn’t see any there at first. It wasn’t until we had already paid and were waiting for my wife’s peanut butter latte she ordered (which tastes like a Reases peanut butter cup brownie....yum!) that I saw a couple bags of the Uganda coffee on a small shelf. I would have gotten it but I’m already working through now two bags of different coffees from there already. I’ll be sure to look more closely next time I need another bag of coffee.

Mr.GreenBean

Mar 5, 2018
CT
Visit site
They ranked Cuisinart as #1 which to me discredits this entire post. I think the overall quality of those products have dropped in the past decade. Have a Technivorm. Its fast, hot, and easy to clean. Pricey, but consistent. Couple that with a Zojirushi travel mug, and you are in coffee heaven for the entire day if your coffee makes it that long.