Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by essentialwonders View Post
    Instant Coffee is not quality coffee, if coffee at all, it's made for convenience, great coffee takes awhile to brew.
    yes, that was what I thought, until I tried out Viola, Sudden and most recently waka. they are certainly as expensive as good Pour over from a cafe, also very very different (in a better way) than normal Folgers, Nescafe that our parents used to drink...

Instant coffee has it's uses. Certainly one use is when camping. But when I've gone canoe camping I have brought a camping french press with me. Mine is the GSI Java Press Personal. It makes enough for two cups of coffee. And it works great. I'll pre-grind the beans and weigh it out at home and put separate servings in plastic baggies so I don't need to do any measuring while at the campsite. I figure the coffee I make this way is probably a little better than the instant stuff. And I just throw the grounds into the fire when done.
    Last edited by MntnMan62; 11-25-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    Instant coffee has it's uses. Certainly one use is when camping. But when I've gone canoe camping I have brought a camping french press with me. Mine is the GSI Java Press Personal. It makes enough for two cups of coffee. And it works great. I'll pre-grind the beans and weigh it out at home and put separate servings in plastic baggies so I don't need to do any measuring while at the campsite. I figure the coffee I make this way is probably a little better than the instant stuff. And I just throw the grounds into the fire when done.
    That's exactly what I do ... I have a plastic travel french press. Premeasure/preground and place inside the FP - nice and compact and easy to pack. I simply use my pot for cooking to heat up water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links