Coffee Fool?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
nope..so do you roast your own coffee? I skimmend your site...didn't see a section on your roasting operation...just wondering :?

HomericPoems

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I actually bought the 100% Pure coffee sampler from Coffee Fool. Some of the coffee was disappointingly standard, but I've found three I was very happy with: Yemen Mocha, Malawi and Kenya AA. I find I actually look forward to my mornings so I can make some!

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
My wife got the Kenya AA Decaf and it is outstanding. I ordered a few and my favorite was the Ethiopian Harrar of the ones I ordered.

However, ordering onthe net creates the problem of having to pay for shipping so I now look for the best local beans or roasters and have had some recent luck with Green Mountain roasters. Their Winter Classic blend is outstanding when fresh. We also have Torreo and LaColombre roasters in Philly that are great.

I always thought coffee needed to be stored in bags that had the air sucked out.......but the Green Mountain blends seem fine and fresh.

Alice2

Nov 18, 2006
Visit site
I buy from The Coffee Fool. I think they're great. I am re-discovering them now that I have a better way to brew coffee and ordered a few of my favorites and so far Malawi's #1.

Kaffee-Kantate

Jan 9, 2007
Visit site
I just ordered some the other day. I really like the Velvet Hammer Blend. It is an Italian Roast but is very smooth. One thing I really hate about most of the big roasters, including Starbucks, is that they over roast beans that should be roasted so dark and they taste burnt and bitter. Another one of my favorites is Krispy Kreme. They have great coffee that they roast themselves, very smooth and flavorful. But yeah, Coffee Fools is great.

jfuhri

Jan 29, 2007
Visit site
Coffee Fool

We love Coffee Fool coffee in our house our favorite ones so far are Mocha Java and Decaf Ethopiar Harrhar. We actually had company last night that RAVED over the Decaf and planned on ordering some today. Good luck!

haytoniaho

Jun 21, 2006
NJ
Visit site
I got their Jamaican Blue mountain--amazing, and one of the flavored ones: Highlander's Grog---I usually dont like hazelnutty coffees but that was VERY good!

:lol:

Oh and I got Yemen Mocha before too, that was tasty as well.

Chocolate covered cherry--meh not that great

tower

Feb 18, 2007
Visit site
very disappointed with Coffee Fool!

I ordered a pound of Hawaiian Kona as an Xmas gift for my father and it was terrible. When he brewed it the water ran straight through it leaving most of it dry. It was like sawdust and the coffee was undrinkable and not really even coffee. This was on an expensive coffeemaker and brewed by someone who brews a lot of coffee. He even tried to put the water (in case it was a problem with the coffeemaker) through manually with the same result.

The biggest disappointment was the customer service. They asked for a sample to be returned (at my father''s cost and hassle) before issuing a refund and didn''t offer to ship anything else. It would have been refreshing to have them offer to replace but they denied there was anything wrong with the coffee. Bad coffee, bad service...they lost me for good.

haytoniaho

Jun 21, 2006
NJ
Visit site
oh man thats horrible, i was planning on ordering from them soon but now im having second thoughts! when did you order from them? maybe their service has deteriorated since i last ordered from them--that was about a year or 2 ago

tower

Feb 18, 2007
Visit site
It was this past Xmas, 2006. Unfortunate, a company can correct mistakes with good customer service and gain me as a customer and fan for life. Coffee Fool did the exact opposite.

moiracoffee

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
truly disappointing

I was really excited to try this coffee and it was just forgettable. Plus, while a pound is only $8.99, you pay four bucks for shipping, so it''s an expensive pound. I ordered the Velvet Hammer and have been disappointed.