What do you think?

This is a discussion on What do you think? within the Coffee Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; I am in the process of locating a spot for my drive thru. I have contacted a few coffee companies. I asked for samples, but ...

What do you think?

I am in the process of locating a spot for my drive thru. I have contacted a few coffee companies. I asked for samples, but most wont send free ssamples. I am just curious, if someone wants there product sold, I would believe that free samples would not be a problem. I am wondering you anyone else got the same treatment? Also, let me know your favorite coffee. Thank you.

2. # ADS

Sampling coffee before you have your shop built will not accurately represent its taste. Wait until your site is nearly completed: water treatment system and extraction equipment installed.

Minute variations in water quality, including chlorine, pH balance, mineral hardness and silicates will substantially alter the taste of any coffee - this is before you even start to consider the affect of equipment. Most roasters know this.

Most roasters also know that only a small fraction of those "interested" in starting a coffee business are in a position (financially or otherwise) to do so. Get your site first; you'll then find that they will be much more receptive to your requests.
    Andrew Hetzel
    Managing Director
    Cafemakers, LLC

See me at the Specialty Coffee Association of America annual conference and exposition April 16-18 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

...also, if you understand protocols for cupping; offer to visit the roaster's location and attend or conduct a cupping session. This will give you a far more objective assessment of their buying and roasting quality.
    Andrew Hetzel
    Managing Director
    Cafemakers, LLC

See me at the Specialty Coffee Association of America annual conference and exposition April 16-18 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

I will send you samples

Hey, i will gladly send you samples, we are based in Costa Rica but i would love to do it.

email me at matias@downtoearthcoffee.org and i will ship some, i am willing to take the chance, if you don;t open the shop, at least you will be hooked on my product and order online.

Matias Zeledon
    I want to share the goodness of our coffee and do good at the same time. If we can not doo good while making money, then it is not worth it.

Ads