Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Super Moderator
    Meh...not really a fan of Kona. I love acidity.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

I love coffee

I agree with you all. I also like roasted coffee and am a product reviewer in my website.

for me i don't care about the name. because the name of the brand isn't crucial to define a graet flavor. I would rather learn about which type of coffee has the most beautiful taste. so if you asked to choose between Arabica and Robusta; I would vote for Arabica.

have a great day

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejavu View Post
    for me i don't care about the name. because the name of the brand isn't crucial to define a graet flavor. I would rather learn about which type of coffee has the most beautiful taste. so if you asked to choose between Arabica and Robusta; I would vote for Arabica.

have a great day
    hi dejavu, yes, you are correct. arabica is absolutely better than robusta. but in arabica, there are hundreds of different varietals (species) that have very different flavor profiles. gesha, bourbon, caturra, pache, pacamara, maragogype, catuai, ....etc these are some of the most common arabica beans that we are selling and they all do have different quality and flavor profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    hi dejavu, yes, you are correct. arabica is absolutely better than robusta. but in arabica, there are hundreds of different varietals (species) that have very different flavor profiles. gesha, bourbon, caturra, pache, pacamara, maragogype, catuai, ....etc these are some of the most common arabica beans that we are selling and they all do have different quality and flavor profiles.
    StrAight Up facts

Guatemala Huehuetenango

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Luchadores View Post
    Guatemala Huehuetenango
    i just can not agree more :+)

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    i just can not agree more :+)
    So ... Huehue or Anitqua? Preferences?

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    So ... Huehue or Anitqua? Preferences?
    ha ha ha, not even close. of course, Huehue. but there is something I have to explain.

Antigua region is the richest region/farms among all the regions in Guatemala.
    that means they (owners/farmers) can spend as much money as possible to build the best water station, best equipment...etc to process the beans, as best and clean as possible. so usually, their coffee is very clean, high standard and generally very good.

however, Huehue is really different. this is the region that has the poorest farms in guatemala and also there are quite a few farms which are world known, such as Injerto farm (#1 farm in Guatemala) and many others. however, what makes this region so special is their micro climate and richest soil in Guatemala.
    since Huehue has the biggest mountain range, biggest coffee growing region, most diverse climate/rain...etc, they really have all kind of different coffees.
    AND THE BEST PRICING if you can find some small farms.... so many great gems everywhere and you can find so many if you come and visit and look hard enough.

Let me give you an example.
    I have been exporting beans internationally for past 8 years.
    and my customers are all micro lot, specialty coffee buyers.
    Only once in past 8 years, one of my customers bought Yellow bourbon from a farm in Antigua, finca colombia is the name. you can get the info from website.

everyone else, they travel to huehue and do cupping in 3 cupping stations that we have, and they buy from huehue.
    generally 80% of sales is from Huehue (all specialty beans, 85 to 92 points) and other 20% is from Acatenango and from our own farm in Quetzaltenango.

It sounds like we agree.. funny you mention Finca Colombia - I featured them a year or two in my coffee club. This year I'm bringing in my Guat from Huehue / Finca La Maravilla ... patiently waiting on the container

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links