Which Coffee do you like most?

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Well, as much as I can help it and as much as I may annoy some, the forum isn’t just for coffee machine experts, coffee shop owners, coffee roasters or farmers. It’s also an information site for newbies to discover such things as better brewing techniques, where to buy quality coffee beans and to read reviews of members’ favorite coffees.

Which coffee do I like most? No more instants for me. I’ve been clean for 9 months now, with only one relapse to speak of. I’m the wiser for it.
Sumatran is still my fave. Kenyan is really growing on me too, but still, I gotta try Shadow 745’s recommendation for Counter Culture Coffee’s Espresso Toscano!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I also thought this was a forum for everyone, especially the folks who are new to the world of coffee. If you look at the extensive forum subject index, you'll see that it reflects the wide variety of interests and experiences that have always been encouraged on this forum. This is not a forum that's just for the coffee elite . . . .what qualifys a person to be considered "coffee elite" anyway?

Please.... let's all try to avoid slamming, dunking, or squishing the new guys. It's not very nice, and it's not at all professional. We need to remember that we were all new to the world of coffee at one time or another.

If we focus on encouraging and guiding folks to achieve a more "elite" coffee experience, we'll be doing them a huge favor.

Who knows? Maybe with our help and guidance, someone who likes Nescafe today will eventually start exploring the world of coffee and eventually grow to love something like a Tanzanian Peaburry or a Costa Rico Tarrazu.

Rose

djveed

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Would anyone be interested in a website that sold dozens of different types of coffee from different roasters, and guaranteed freshness as the shipments come right from the roaster? This way you can really try several types of coffees but it's a one stop website. Is this something people would be interested in?

You know, that is an interesting concept. For a long time I have thought there must be some mileage in a concept cafe that sells a range of espresso blends available for direct consumption by punters (in the cup)- similar to how most bars sell 2,3,5.....10 different beers by the tap! I am sure such places already exist...I just have not come accross one yet. I can imagine going into such a place- where I might like brand A as a straight espresso/doppio... but prefer brand B in a cappcuccino.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
I don't know djveed, my instinct is to buy direct from the roaster, not go through a middle man.

If the coffees are in fact shipped directly from the roaster and I could try different roasters, all for one shipping rate in a single checkout, then cool, I'm game. Of course, roast dates would be provided?

Be sure to include: Boca Java, Counter Culture Coffee, Mocha Joe's, then I'll buy from your site for sure. :D

8/15 update: Edited out one of my suggestions, for strategic reasons....

djveed

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Alun: well I think having a physical store location is a distant goal for anyone trying this. But for now a website will suffice. And biscotto: with 30,000 anal retentive forum members on coffeeforums.com, there has to be guaranteed quality and fresh roasted as a must. I think I'm going to roll with this...

JohnB

May 30, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
djveed said:
Would anyone be interested in a website that sold dozens of different types of coffee from different roasters, and guaranteed freshness as the shipments come right from the roaster? This way you can really try several types of coffees but it's a one stop website. Is this something people would be interested in?

I seriously doubt any of the well known roasters like Intelli/CCC/ect would be interested in cutting you a piece of the pie when they are doing all the work. I also have to wonder what I have to gain over just buying directly from their websites?

If you hook up with some of the smaller, regional roasters it might fly but the quality would have to be there.

This place: http://www.greatcoffee.com/trlanding.cfm already does something similar. I believe they are tied in with Coffee Review. From the reviews I've read they actually ship the coffee so freshness or lack of it has been an issue.