Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Keurig and K-cup research

This is a discussion on Keurig and K-cup research within the Coffee Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; I LOVE my Keurig. It saves so much time and is so easy to use. I use it daily. I purchased it last year, and ...

I LOVE my Keurig. It saves so much time and is so easy to use. I use it daily. I purchased it last year, and without a doubt have used it 6-7 times a week since then.

2. # ADS

I get these Link to Donut shop 50 pack k-cups becuse its 50 for $30 (most other places its to expensive). sometimes I use Refillable K-Cups becuase they are cheaper, I can use my own beans, and there is less waste... The only down side to the refillable ones is it takes a extra step... To me the whole reson for the k-cups is fast and easy.

Note answers in quoted text!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Hi,

I'm doing some research on Keurig, and I was wondering if some Keurig owners would be willing to answer a few questions. I've posted some questions below.

Thanks, I appreciate you time!

o How often per week do you brew coffee with your Keurig machine? How has that changed over the last year?

15+ no change... That is the Machine not always the Kcups

o How has your purchase pattern of K-Cups changed in the last year?

If Keurig could figure out how to send to APO adresses I might be more inclined to buy! I ahve been working on getting my current order for almost 5 months! Previsouly I got orders from them fast..so it is something they changed!

o How long does it take for your Keurig machine to brew your K-Cup? Is that fast enough for you?

Don't time..about 90sec? 2 minutes? Fine with me.

o Where do you buy your K-Cups?

Make my own now... Kcups are a destructive force on the environment... yes I just realized this after I bought the machine

o Do you own the reusable K-Cup filter?
    YES

Do you only use K-Cups or have you tried other company’s beans, like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? If so, when did you make that change and what do you think of the quality, flavor, taste, convenience compared to K-Cups?
    I use my own varying kinds of coffee, ground and unground (grind my own)

o Did you buy the Keurig or get it as a gift? What impact does this have on usage rates?

Bought

o Have you tried other single cup brewers? What did you think? Would you buy any to replace your Keurig machine?

Tried a paper filter tassimo style...much less environmental impact! Liked it alot.

o How has owning/using a Keurig machine impacted your purchase patterns at Starbucks, Peets, Dunkin Donuts, etc…?
    Starbucks? Are you kidding me! THeir coffee sucks!

o Will you buy Folgers and/or Millstone K-Cups when they come out later this year?
    Already have...in bags and use in my own MYKCUP device.

If I had know all I know now I would never have purchase the machine... but now that I have it I have figured out a better way to use it by using my own coffee grinds and filter.

Dave
    Last edited by littlesigh; 04-07-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Hi there,

I have a Keurig machine and I brew 2-3 times a day for my daily intake of coffee. It hasn't really change as compared to the past year. And usually I'd like to try something new if any by the K Cup selections. Else usually I'd just stick to my usual selection of roast and most of them are from Green Mountain range.

A couple of months ago, I decided to invest in a Platinum Keurig machine for the sake of wasting a pot of coffee, and the time it takes to brew each morning. I brew one cup every day, and it's super convenient! However, I've noticed that Kcup prices have been rising so I am looking for less expensive alternative options. Has anyone tried San Francisco Bay OneCups? They sound like they would work on my machine, and cost less on my wallet. I'm looking at the French Roast in particular, OneCup French Roast | Single Serve Coffee | Gourmet Coffee. Any thoughts?

You can always buy the refillable k-cup baskets to use any coffee you like.

lw

Super Moderator
    If you do a "Google" search for K-cup filters, you find lots of information about a variety of products for your machine. There are ways to use your own ground coffee, and make it how you like it with much less expense. You can even buy disposable paper filters for your K-cup basket (or make your own) to help make the cleanup chore easier.

Rose

Thanks for the insight, lw and Rose! I'm usually rushing out the door in the mornings, and don't want to revert back to grinding the coffee beans, refilling the filters and cleaning up. I take it that you guys haven't tried the SF Bay OneCups yet.

Rose, I do have a Keurig and it is so much easier to fix a cup of coffee before work that I wouldn't have it any other way. And the coffee is really good.

I have one myself and I really love it a lot! Its so much easier to brew coffee with it. I don't even have to worry about putting too much coffee beans and too little water, or the other way around. Makes life alot simpler. Anyhow i was doing a google search and seen this site called fixthatkeurig.com. don't know much about it, but its suppose to be all about keurigs, both home and business versions. not alot of info on there, but it has some things on there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads